Bad luck rant

Update to the bad luck 1/15 finally got the H bow drop.

3 Likes

New patch around the corner.

I have NEVER seen the bow drop in normal or heroic. I would have been happy if ANYONE in my group got it.

Just so very disheartening

2 Likes

I feel for all the hunters without the bow who are trying for it.
Iā€™ve accepted the fact that Iā€™ll never get it for my hunter altā€¦(until itā€™s soloā€™able in a few xpacs)
I still havenā€™t got the cloak either, Iā€™m only doing LFR and vault each week for it.(Iā€™m pretty casual)

I think this bow is a good example of why it is better to do an effort based legendary like the staff and daggers from cata over a super low RNG drop from the final boss of a raid. Ya the bow isnā€™t actually all that much player power and it is not even worth more then 5ish item levels compared to a purple but it is still marked as something people want to collect.

To put things in to perspective less then 2% of account tracked by Data for Azeroth have the achievement for equipping the bow. To be clear that is retail accounts not characters. So once you collect it on your hunter all your alts are marked with the achievement. So we canā€™t say the amount of hunters specifically who got the bow because some accounts are inactive and others might not even have a hunter at all. Regardless it is probably under 25% of all hunters who run sanctum actually got the bow on one difficulty or another.

That my friendsā€¦ Is a lot of disappointment :frowning:

That is why I think doing something like the legendary questline with personal sigil drops and an epic we gradually turn in to a legendary is a far better idea. As long as you willing to commit the effort to playing week by week you are promised a legendary in a timely manner before the item is irrelevant.

6 Likes