Back after a year break. What I've learned:

Yes, I just do calisthenics now since the joints hurt too much for heavy weight. I like it because it makes me feel I’m doing something healthy.

1 Like

Muscle on muscle is much healthier, I think at some age it has to be about manipulating your own weight rather than adding bulk. I haven’t done weights more than a couple of times since I broke my arm a year and a half ago, I reinjured it so I had to stop.

1 Like

WOW, 1100 lbs!

I used to have strong legs when I played soccer. The other day my wife made fun of my “chicken” legs so I started working out my legs and yeah they are pretty weak right now, not gonna lie.

1 Like

The only reason I started lifting at the age of 18 is that I got a full soccer scholarship to play in Kansas, thing was I was so scrawny that them big farm boys would literally make me fly off the ball. So my coach was like, “we need to put some muscle on you.”

And ever since I have enjoyed lifting weights, irony is that I was a soccer player and I hate running.

1 Like

Jayhawk? I went to University of Missouri for grad school, pretty close. I got started in high school, it was the PE equivalent of home economics or auto shop. I was hyper focused on the nerd teams (math, debate, etc) so I didn’t really play sports in high school. Ended up with a nerd scholarship.

No, JUCCO Central Christian College in McPherson, Kansas. When I got my associates I got at an offer at KU, but my club coach got the head coach job at UTEP and it was a no brainer.

He called me when I was going to sign, and told me I would get a full ride and starting position at left fullback. BTW, UTEP stands for University of Texas at El Paso, so I was kind of like the hometown kid.

1 Like

It’s funny that I went into applied physics but the PE coaches were my favorite teachers in high school, from our interactions I think it fits your personality that you coach sports.

1 Like

Reading is hard for some people :person_shrugging:

More of an epiphany thread.

I completely agree, this new system of having to use PvE badges to upgrade my PvP gear has really ruined the game for me. I rarely do anything but arena, maybe a Mythic Plus for the heck of it so the only real reason for me to upgrade my gear was maybe to make getting gold from WQs faster. When PvP Gear upgrades were from honor it least gave me a reason to Grind the Rating, it gave me a reason to do BGs when I hit the next rank. This last season (3) has been the least I’ve played or had the desire to play since Cata was Current. Please Blizz, “unfix” your PvP gear upgrading system and give me a reason to play again.

If you really wanted to join them you’d roll a MM hunter named Sylvanas in some capacity.