Back after 7 year break. Greymane

Hey Y’all. I took a 7 year break from the game and now I’m back. I have forgotten so much and am looking for a guild that is casual! I am NOT into power leveling and blasting through zones as quickly as possible etc. I got burned out doing that last time and refuse to do that again. I am a night shift RN. I work Thursday through Tuesday night every other week. So that means I am not available 50% of the time, it also means that I have a week off at a time. Not all of that will be devoted to the game.

I have several characters, 80 Mage, 80 warlock, 46 Shaman, 68 Hunter, 67 Paladin, 47 Rogue, 42 Warrior, 68 Druid, 64 Death Knight.
I haven’t respeced them (all my talents were reset).

1 Like

Okay I’m gonna post our “scripted” recruitment spiel at the bottom but really, most of our officers have characters at most levels that they would like to play and several of us just started some new alts. The GM recently created this group when we bought BFA in September and really wants this guild’s purpose to be “enjoy the game, whatever that means for each member” and you can talk almost any officer into coming out to quest, dungeon, etc. with you in any expansion. He didn’t want to publicly recruit until we had several level 120 officers, and it has taken us until December to get there because we care about enjoying the game and not rushing through content. We just started recruiting this week so we are still small, but that just means we are close knit and talk to everybody!

Here’s the “official” spiel:
Tolarian Academy (Horde, Stonemaul, US) was started among old raiders and college friends, and we want to grow from here. We are especially interested in players who want to excel at the game, but operate on a real-life schedule where excessive grinding is not always possible. To that end, we recruit all levels of players, from fresh lvl 1 to recovering raiders.

Many of our officers are educators, and as such, our scheduling revolves mostly around weekends and summer. Attendance is not an issue. We understand IRL struggles, and want to create an environment where mature players can excel with the time that they have.

Goals

• Learn to play the game, and to learn well.
  • We have several experienced players with a long history of raiding, mythic dungeons, and general endgame content. We understand what it takes to succeed, and don’t generally get frustrated
  • Help members with leveling, gearing, lore experience, transmogs, etc. You name it, we will schedule it and do it
    If you are interested, add our GM on battlenet Styptic#11109

Ehani,

Thank you for your response! Are you Horde or Alliance? I saw where you said Horde, Stonemaul. I’m Alliance on Greymane. I don’t think we will match up? Thanks for the offer though!

Hey xemo. I dont have a recruitment post for you, but perhaps reading my comments will give you an idea? I, too, took a long break and made it back in the fall. I found a great home, but then RL kicked in and people were tired of the expansion already. We have a few steady folk online, but really just looking forward to connecting with people, regardless of what game they play, or their hours. Anyways, I’m not an officer, but if you need a place to keep warm when you’re not at work, we’d love to have another friendly face around, even if they are quiet <3

Hi, not sure how you feel about re rolling or transferring but I believe you would find a home with us on Khadgar. We have been around over 10 years but our schedules just won’t allow most of us to raid right now so we are concentrating on 5 man content , PvP and achievements. If you are interested give me a shout at mantwawn#11102

Hey Xemowald,

I thought you might like our guild and we could be your new home!

Armageddon Industries - Horde - Area 52

About Us:

Our guild environment/community is like back in the glory days of WotLK. A mature atmosphere free of stress, vulgarity, discrimination, and all that other toxic stuff is our top priority. We are more than just raiding and focus on building gaming friendships with like minded adults. We are a “real life first guild” meaning we see gaming as a hobby and not another job. :slight_smile: We are a multi game community: WoW, Destiny 2, ESO, GW2, and Anthem.

BfA Progression: BoD 6/9H &amp;amp; 9/9N, Uldir 8/8H (AotC)

Legion Progression: Antorus 11/11H (AotC), ToS 9/9H (AotC), NH 10/10H (AotC), ToV 3/3H (AotC), EN 4/7M &amp;amp; 7/7H (AotC)

Mission

• Fun and stress free is more important than loot or progression.

• Provide a mature atmosphere free of &ldquo;teenager/young adult&rdquo; drama, ignorance, and constant foul language.

• Maintain quality membership over quantity of members. We do not mass invite just to pump membership numbers. We take pride in considering player personality, loyalty, helpfulness, and game history over current skill and gear. Skill and gear can be helped, bad attitudes (racist, elitist, egocentric, offensive, etc) cannot.

• Expect fellow members to earn their way and not be carried. We do expect you to reasonably maintain your raid toon.

• DRAMA will not be tolerated. Keep it chill or get /gkicked.

If you are interested, contact us in game/discord:

Mirielle

Battletag ID - Mirielle#1541

Discord ID - Miriel#2724

Novabomb (Guild Master / Raid Lead)

Battletag ID - Armageddon#1974

Discord ID - Skybolt#2791

Or reply here: