Baa'l Battle Pet

I recently earned Baa’l after a lengthy Uuna quest chain and pebble gathering (still cursing at the under water ship wreck pebble)

After all the time and work I put into getting this pet, Baa’l battle abilities seems rather underwhelming. Don’t get me wrong, it has good abilities but for the time and work put into getting this pet i thought he would be a little stronger. Anyone else feel this way?

My expectations of a puzzle-solving quest chain is the satisfaction of solving the puzzle. Expecting the reward to be overpowered wouldn’t be part of that.

8 Likes

There are no puzzles to solve in the Uuna quest chain. It’s a journey to upgrade her into a loving companion who when hugged…hugs you back :slight_smile:

If you want a great battle pet, catch yourself a high speed (breed 5 or S/S) Rose Taipan from Stormheim.

Snails, moths, frogs and rabbits can be brilliant too, and my favourite carry pets for leveling in the wild are Cornish Rex and Yellow Butterfly, which sell for a couple of silver each.

Battle Pets don’t have to be difficult to get to be good. You have the fun of collecting, the cute looks of some pets and the strength in battling in various scenarios - all separate attributes, none of which have any direct relationship to any other.

Enjoy your Baa’l, and don’t under-rate him. He actually is very good in some situations.

1 Like

Do you mind telling me how I get to the floating island off Macaree to get Uuna her toy? I understand that I need to use a goblin glider. I just have not been able to find a point with sufficient elevation to get me to the island. Where is my jump-off point? And to which island? Wowhead has conflicting input.

For the entire Uuna questine i followed this YouTube guide from Hazenutty games. It’s an excellent guide and shows you where the jump off point is and how to get there.

Bring 2 gliders because when you jump to the island, you have to jump onto another island that’s close by.

Thank you very much!

Actually, I totally disagree. Not only does the little guy have a unique and cool model, he is a nice clean-up pet for pet battle dailies. The Murder the Innocent ability, particularly, is not affected by (to my knowledge and tests) any damage-reducing abilities, even racials.
And half of Baa’l is Uuna, who is just adorable and I love keeping her around – she is my #1 pet companion. My guess is she’s going to unlock another pet in the next xpac and will need upgrading then too. I can’t wait for the dataminers to figure it out and publish a guide. Should be another nice journey / treasure hunt.

As i remember it, this gave me trouble at first, because i targeted the wrong floating island. Might have been some misdirection involved.
Edit: so, i went to Argus. Went to Mac’ aree, by way of port from ship to Shadowguard Incursion portal.
Facing the Abyss, work your way to the right.
At about 29, 51, you should see an islet floating in the abyss, This is the first jump. If need be, adjust your position to narrow your jump distance.

Today i changed my mind about Baa’l… he is amazing!

The last boss of the BRD battle pet dungeon has just over 13,000 health and Baa’l hammered him with his Murder the Innocent spell. I had the opportunity to use it twice for a combined total of 6,000 damage .

I don’t think i would have defeated that boss without Baa’l, i love him now :slight_smile:

5 Likes