Azshara killing Tyrande

You know I can’t seem to shake the feeling that the Nazjatar raid will play out to where both the Horde and Alliance forces are gonna be fighting Azshara’s forces in different sections of the raid, and when they finally finally meet up, Tyrande is gonna go blind with rage and lunge at the Horde, only for Azshara to prod her with a spiky tentacle.

Sorta like how Hermaeus Mora stabbed Miraak in the Elder Scrolls.

Owed? You’re owed “justice” as much as Horde players are owed not to suffer a villain bat or civil war narrative, again. If your sense of “narrative justice” comes at the cost of the opposite faction players suffering a repeated detested plotline, then no figure you’re going to be called out on it.

Also, fun fact, nothing Sylvanas has done (even burning Teldrassil) compares to fan-favorite character of Illidan. Blizzard redeeming characters from “unforgivable atrocities” isn’t a new thing for them.

4 Likes

Boy do I sure hope so. If Tyrande dies then Malfurion can have an actual reason to fight in a war other than “Tyraaaaaande neeeeds meeeee.”

But Ive hated Tyrande ever since Vanilla, so Im 110% okay with her dying. Heck, it could be some random Naga that does it, and I’d be okay with it. She could trip and fall and break her neck, and I’d be okay with it. Shes a terrible leader and should be removed.

Now on replacements: Shandris, Maiev, Jarod are the big 3 that stand out to me. Shandris is basically next in line once Tyrande dies, since she is the highest ranking General we have. Jarod already had leadership experience and would be super awesome to have as a leader. Maiev…

Maiev would be cool if she took up the duties of a Warden and incorporated the Priestess of Elune stuff that she used to do back in the WoA.

1 Like

The narrative is not my fault. I am sorry you have to face it, but your suffering of the narrative does not demand that I should do the same.

Illidan is not an Alliance character. I do not like it when people paint Illidan in a non-evil light. He is a villain, even now.

3 Likes

And neither does your’s. We are at an impasse. Your solution of “sitting down and taking it” is, well, stupid. No one should just “sit down and take it” in terms of their enjoyment, let alone putting in jeopardy a decade+ enjoyment of a character. We are still at the point where Horde players haven’t sat down and took Garrosh’s death, Thrall’s MIA status, and multiple detrimental plot point suffered that had years to settle down from. Why do people insist that people who enjoy Sylvanas have to “sit down and take it” for the benefit of the narrative?

You can believe he’s a villain. Blizzard clearly disagrees.

3 Likes

As enjoyable as this is to watch, I highly doubt Sylvanas will die by the conclusion of BfA (at least not definitively). I do think its possible she might lose her sole remaining extra life (provided it only takes two of her three remaining Val’kyr) … but that’s about as far as I’ll assume for now.

Sylvanas just isn’t the type to sacrifice herself for the Horde should things go south for her; and as awful as it is to say to Sylvie fans … she’s unlikely to sacrifice herself for a Bulwark if it fails to protect her from the Infinite. While she might take calculated risks, she’s just not likely to condemn herself to the hell she fears SO MUCH for them. So … if she feels enough motivation to do so (in that such a move supports whatever the hell her true objectives are) … she’ll bail on the Horde (and even the Forsaken) if she believes its the only option left towards her goals.

2 Likes