Azerothian Archives - Buggy or just laggy?

Doing Hands on experience quest and the chest just resets to 0 after 20% or the chest just never spawns.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Itā€™s a mess, isnā€™t it. It might have something to do with multiple people trying to interact with the same object at the same time?

(it took a few attempts at the elemental-clearing minigame because the counter-element often could only be interacted with once, but I eventually muddled my way through the training quests)

(hmm ā€¦ seems to be some random server-side lag; sometimes clears up on its own, sometimes drops me to the login screen)

My husband was able to get his completed but the best I could get was 65%.

Iā€™m thinking buggy because the rain doesnā€™t bring the heat down at all so the heat maxes out and you have to start all over.

where do you find this - I can see no new content at all

Maybe a combination of lag and bug?

Thereā€™s a welcome screen when you log in. Should also be in the adventurerā€™s guide. There is also a quest poster in the Roasted Ram.

yeah I read that but I saw nothing in the game to start it.

Yeah, itā€™s definitely messed atm.

ok I didnā€™t get the screen when I logged in - I see it in the adventurer guide now - thought I had checked the entire way through there but I guess not.

Seeds of Renewal arrives the week of January 16, players can head to the Roasted Ram Inn to collect the quest ā€œTo the Archives!ā€ and begin their journey to Algethā€™ar Academy in Thaldraszus where they will be directed to meet with Lead Archivist, Eadweard Dalyngrigge and his team of archaeologists and archivists at Traitorā€™s Rest.

Quest icon is on the wall.

That part just didnā€™t register at all when I read it. I always expect to get something pop up in game for new content.

1 Like

I had to abandon it, nothing worked or made sense. Iā€™ll re-visit after someone decides to actually fix the servers

this whole patch is just a dumpster fire of bugs

1 Like

Literal trash content.

What feature isnā€™t a mess when they release it? Itā€™s almost just funny at this point.

1 Like

Did anybody playtest this?

For ā€œA practical Testā€ I click the helmet, and then nothing appears on the screen, and I canā€™t find any relics. I look around and the helmet ability disappears, and I have no extra buttons to click, but I canā€™t do anything else and my character is still scanning.

For ā€œHands-On Experienceā€, I click the totem, and the fire elemental starts shooting the chest, and then the screen turns watery. I click the totem again, and the screen turns firey. I canā€™t click the chest at any point, and it remains at 0%.

What a terrible experience. I have no idea what Iā€™m doing wrong, and the game itself isnā€™t telling me what Iā€™m doing wrong. The game also isnā€™t telling me what Iā€™m doing right. Seriously, where is the Quality Assurance team, and which manager signed off on this?

1 Like

I managed to pass ā€œHands-On Experienceā€ by clicking the totem and then running in a circle around the chest item - constantly running through the water bits. I had to click on the totem about 5 or 6 times and do about 9 or 10 laps around the chest before it was able to be clickable, and it slowly incremented by 5% up to 100%.

ā€œA practical Testā€ is still broken - the ā€˜how far away you are from the relicā€™ is always 0% and Iā€™ve run around the island about 15 times, and abandoned and restarted the quest about 5 times.

The whole game is laggy and buggy right now,so I wouldnā€™t doubt anything.

The Azerothian Archives event quest and world quests associated with it is an absolute buggy mess. My wife and I have not encountered a single quest that hasnā€™t had some sort of bug to work around.