Azeroth Autopilot Question

So, I know I’m (probably?) going to get a lot of flak for even posting about this topic, but my AAP broke, and idk how to fix it.

Basically I had just finished up some quests for Booty Bay, specifically the Gorilla Giblets quest and another one concerning the Buccaneers. It told me to fly to IF, and I did, but when I got there it just said “run to this spot” with no arrow, so I tried skipping and relogging and instead of doing anything it just broke the addon.

/aap skip comes up with “AAP: Cannot skip QuestStep.”
/aap reset comes up with “AAP: Unhandled state of quests and zones.”

I read somewhere that this means I turned in a quest at the wrong time, but uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t help (I haven’t tried yet, figured I’d post here first?) Or you have to mess with the files of the addon itself? Idk, I just need help fixing it if I can.

Also, inb4 “NoW pLaY tHe GaMe fOr ReAl”

3 Likes

Ok I’m going to be helpful here. Go to your WTF folder usually located here C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_classic_\WTF

Open your account folder (your account name) and then the SavedVariable folder. Delete anything related to your addon. Then back out of that folder, go to your server folder, open your character folder, open the SavedVariables folder there and delete anything related to your addon.

This will wipe out all the addon data. It should clear up your problems, unless the addon is bugged. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks! Although I did just notice what the “real” problem is. I dinged 40, and the addon says “1-40” so I think at a certain period it just stops? Not sure, I’ll try your method out anyways, thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad someone was able to help.

NoW pLaY tHe GaMe fOr ReAl

As far as I’m aware AAP hasn’t been updated to go all the way to 60.

and it seems to bug out and get stuck very often. I would suggest just following another guide.

3 Likes

You have any recommendations?

Fixed

https://www.joanasworld.com/original-joana-v110.html

Is what I used…it’s not super amazing or anything but It worked.

Most people have done all the quests at one point or another in the past 15 years. Excuse me for not wanting to fumble my way around.

1 Like

Jonas Guides now require you to buy them, so this may not be the best option.

1 Like

Ay wait that one’s for Horde too lmao

And people wonder why they’re finding Classic so much easier than Vanilla. Like driving a car from the 70s but retrofitted with all the modern technology and comforts of today.

1 Like

That and raid bosses having one mechanic :^)

1 Like

one mechanic designed around classes being total garbage.

1 Like

Thanks, it helped me a little.

Guidelime is a GREAT guide addon. there are lots of different templates and you can even create your own. I would suggest looking it up. I works very similiar to AAP.

2 Likes

OMG this was a year ago…lawl…oh well

2 Likes

I think the addon only goes to 40 and then breaks xD