Azerite vs Heirloom Armor

For the sake of speed (and the current workings of BfA heirlooms), at what point during the 110-120 leveling process is it better to start switching out heirloom armor for Azerite armor? And will/can Blizzard fix it at some point so we don’t have to choose?

Make equipment sets. Quest and kill in Azerite gear as the power increase reduces the time it takes to kill mobs, swap into Heirloom gear, turn in quests, repeat!

4 Likes

I’m really forgetful so I’ll ALWAYS forget to swap back to Heirloom gear before turning quests in.

So I’m just going to not level toons up until Blizzard makes heirlooms useful, because I’ve already bought them so no way in Fel I’m going to level up without them lol

1 Like

This inferior troll is correct.

Imjustkiddingdonthurtme.

Gave me a good laugh :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Zandalari don’t call non-zandalari “Inferior trolls”.

They call them “the lesser tribes”.

This is what I was thinking. What a pain, though! :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’m not good enough to make one :frowning: was originally a NE and hate the Tirasgarde zone so didn’t have the rep when I race changed :frowning:

It’s all good, I was only teasing. I saw you were troll and I couldn’t resist. :wink:

1 Like

You are a very cunning troll. I must try this on a couple of my alts :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Someone likes me!

1 Like

Lmao!

Don’t get cocky, as a well known space rascal once said. You are still too big and green, boyo…:wink:

Creating a item set with your heirlooms and another with your azerite armor. Macro switching these. Wear the Azerite while killing mobs. Complete a bunch of quests. Then when you turn in the quests, switch to Hierlooms.

I just kept the heirloom gear on levelling my DH, didn’t have much drama. On the DH I would try to pull a few extra mobs with low hp (the usual birds and squirrels etc) where it was possible to increase chances at soul shards for healing but still managed all the 3 man kills solo and actually quite enjoyed having to pay attention to their mechanics and abilities.

I think blizzard should reduce the number of things you have to kill when levelling dramatically but increase the difficulty so it’s not just a case of mashing 2 buttons and you actually have to use things like interrupts, cc’s, defensive cd’s etc. Make creatures like mini bosses that actually help you learn your class instead of just mindless grinding.

I highly recommend checking this out:

As it proves what we alt-o-holics have been saying about heirlooms being broken.