Awful Performance Since Patch

Ever since the patch hit last night I and many others have been getting TERRIBLE performance issues in game. Turning the camera often causes the game to hitch/stutter now and there are random huge FPS drops everywhere regardless of how many people or NPCs there are around.

Main Hubs are down right unplayable in the current state the patch was released in you can barely move around Oribos/Org. Places I used to get 120fps with occasional dips to 115-118 are now dipping into the 80’s and at worse sometimes 40fps…

This all happens regardless of what addons I have on or if they are all disabled, I have tried with settings all turned down to the absolute lowest but nothing helps the problem.

There was minor issues before but this is a bit much tbh and its crazy that this was released the way that it was.

Edit - Would like to add that all of my drivers and everything are up to date and I’m not having issues in any other games.

Sorry forgot my specs second edit -

32gigs of ram
NVME drive
intel I7-10870H

3 Likes

Same here. Running a RTX 3080ti, Ryzen 3800x 32gb RAM and M.2 NVME too. Despite all the fine tuning designed for just WoW off of Nvidia’s Control Panel, the massive stutters spiking me down into low 40s every 10 or so seconds is most notable in any sort of city. Not as prominent outside but I do still see it to such minor degree. Though trying to update my drivers and see if it handles it better and give a update if I don’t forget to.

Edit: Seems like the driver update alleviated the issue but not 100%. What I seem to notice is any significant rendering of many things at once will cause the brief stuttering. Which at the time since Prepatch there’s a LOT of players in one spot, at test dummies especially. Though there’s still micro stutters which doesn’t seem as simple to assume what could be causing it. Majorly seems like this was a necessary thing to have updated. And for a heads up, I did do a CLEAN install, using DDU, removed and installed the latest drivers in Safe Mode of Windows 10. Still going to check other places that doesn’t have the issue, or seems less apparent.

2 Likes

My drivers are updated too glad it worked for you though

Its not a fix, that’s for sure. Just something Blizzard has to fix because those are some awful spikes when anything tasking comes into rendering distance.

I saw something else someone said helped a little if you wanna try it I haven’t gotten the chance yet.

/console cvar_reset gxallowcachelessshadermode

then

/reload

or if you have advanced interface options

Search for CVar Browser
Search there for GxAllowCachelessShaderMode
Change value to 0
In-game chat type /reload

It was in this thread

1 Like

Sadly didn’t work for me. No noticeable difference on my end.

This was a problem for me ever since I got into DF testing during the alpha phase and I thought it might just be the typical optimization problem that usually gets fixed by the end of beta. Guess it was more severe than I thought.

Same issue here. Perfect performance at highest graphics settings before the patch, and now relatively frequent stutters as described.

This worries me I keep hearing this from multiple sources I hope it gets fixed I wont be able to play DF like this sadly gives me a terrible headache playing with stutters

Hey, stutter has been present since PTR and is now in Retail. I was getting clean 144hz FPS at 1440p ultra before patch.

i9-12900k
3080ti
32gb ram
1tb nvme.

Looks like my GPU is spiking to 100% randomly only when playing WoW since the patch It never did that before… anyone else noticing this?

100% GPU usage is not something to be worried about.

This belongs in Technical Support, not Bug Report.

The game not working right sounds like a bug to me but ok lol

1 Like

I’d like to add I’m seeing the same hitching/stuttering when running around in areas with a lot of players online since the patch on 2 different systems. The FPS is fine for the amount of players in the area but the hard hitching/shuttering never happened before the patch.

system 1:
CPU: Treadripper 2950x
RAM : 128GB, CL14 3000MHz
GPU: RTX 2080
Boot drive: NVMe

system 2:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
RAM: 128GB, CL16 3200MHz
GPU: RTX 3080
Boot drive: NVMe

The difference between the two is that one affects in-game aspects (can’t equip an item, broken boss mechanics, UI elements behaving incorrectly, etc.), while the other relates to the user computer hardware and software responsible for running the game itself.

So between Bug Report and Technical Support, which forum do you think you could find better support for your issue?

The poor performance is a bug, not a technical support issue. You can’t just go buy a new computer and make it better. It is not user end.

To anyone who see’s this thread something that helped but didn’t completely fix the problem was going into the config file (located in your wtf folder) and adding this command at the end (if what i posted up top doesn’t work like it didn’t for me)

SET GxAllowCachelessShaderMode “0”

Again didn’t completely fix the issue but it helps a bit

This happened to me as well right after the patch went live. I didn’t have problems before at all but noticed stutters once the prepatch went live.

Blizzard, the company itself, has severely plummeted downhill, almost unrecognizably, i submit a ticket for lost loot and nothing shows up in submitted tickets besides a “stuck character” ticket asking me for my feedback, jfc… is this what its devolved to?