AWC 2021 Gets Started Today

Day 1 VOD link
Day 2 VOD link
Live:

Today – Friday, January 15, the first of four AWC Cups begins with teams from North America and Europe battling for their share of the weekly $10,000 (USD) prize pool per region, and to earn points towards advancing to the Season 1 Circuit.

• Venue: Online - YouTube.com/Warcraft
  • Dates: Every other Friday through Sunday, January 15 – March 7
  • Broadcast Start Time: 10:00 a.m PT (1:00 p.m. ET)
  • Prize Pool: $10,000 (USD) per Regional Cup
  • Format: 3v3, Best of 5

Over 200 teams have signed up to compete in open tournaments each week, with the top twelve teams from each region making it into the Cup for a shot at the prizing and points. At the end of all four Cups, the top eight point-earners will advance to the Season 1 Circuit.

It’s a great lineup of casters:
Gillian “Eiya” Long: Twitter | Twitch
Mohamed “Ziqo” Beshir: Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Sid “Supatease” Compston: Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Elliot “Venruki” Venczel: Twitter | Twitch | YouTube

And of course, we’ll have all the live updates, recaps, and memes you can handle on the WoW Esports Twitter feed.

Join us right here for all the action: YouTube.com/Warcraft

9 Likes

I’m torn between wanting to be supportive of any PvP aspect of WoW, and being put off that the first blue post we’ve seen in these forums in forever is to advertise.

84 Likes

A blue post in the arena forums. What year is it?

28 Likes

Idk if the devs are sitting around waiting to see if Cârna is going to be tuning in

4 Likes

nerf combust

25 Likes

The only way to boycott anything you are paying for is to stop paying for it.

7 Likes

I enjoy WoW PvP, but WoW “Esports” will always remain a joke compared to pretty much every other competitive game thanks to unbalanced RPG gearing systems Ion seems to think work well in PvP.

Templates sucked because people want some customisation of their secondaries.

BFA hidden scaling sucked because it was wonky and invisible.

SL PvP gear sucks because the game is only “balanced” in full 226 gear, gatekeeping out players who can’t make it to 2100-2400, or can’t afford to pay someone to carry them there.

I wish they were making people play off the tournament realm, or with their current in game characters so we could see how much gear really matters…

GL competitors, but no one outside of the small WoW PvP community will ever care with how little is done to give us “plebs” an even playing field in the normal game.

17 Likes

git gud warrior

plebs will never been able to compete… so maybe just get used to being a pleb and enjoy watching good players fight?

Ty for taking the time to write the right â

2 Likes

huh ?
did a blue say something?

1 Like

Lmao this is funny comming from a 1k rank player…
How could ya possible tell a gladiador to git gud when you are not even past 1400 and prog got carried to 1800 in rbgs lmao

4 Likes

Omg ty for noticing :slight_smile: I was hoping you would but to be fair it’s really easy on my phöne

1 Like

road to memes is here boys

3 Likes

I don’t want to compete in a tournament, I just don’t want to have severely diminished chances of winning because of gear.

8 Likes

Ilv 206 have 300 games on 2s still 1200
Sorry who tf is talking about being bad?

1 Like

Hopefully you guys watch these games and then FINALLY decide to balance the classes out of sheer embarrassment.

8 Likes

Thanks for dropping by, it has been nearly 2 years.

13 Likes

DO BALANCE CHANGES

BUFF UNDERPERFORMING SPECS

NERF PALA

17 Likes

i got carried to 1970cr in rgbs actually. Still combust is a non issue. It can be purged, you can magic reflect, interrupt after combust, hex, los, stun, magic zone, etc etc etc.

If you look at the ladder mages arent that many, specially compared to paladins. They are clearly not over performing right now. So yeah, he needs to git gud or maybe play a better comp if mages are a problem for him.