Avarius still bugged, can't get rank 2 mining

Got the crystals, placed them, there was a splash type animation in the center of the pool, and then nothing.

I can’t get rank 2 mining without Avarius. :frowning:

• P
1 Like

Join the club!

On the upside, at least you seem to have had nodes to mine. I haven’t been able to even attempt it for two weeks, every time I go up to the cave the crystals are already “placed” and nothing is available to mine. Definitely been the most annoying/frustrating thing of this patch.

2 Likes

I did have nodes to mine just once for the quest. Ya crystals are always already placed. Now I park there all day long, only to find myself inundated with spiders around me when I spawn, and no brimestone nodes to mine.

1 Like

I am in the same boat. Trying to far the ore to craft the new plate items is painfully slow at 1-2 ore per node. Would be nice to get rank 2 and then rank 3.

BUMP! same problem!!! I noticed several other players having this issue as I sat there all day today!

Spent 8 hours trying to get Avarius to spawn.

Each time its the same thing, the water bubbles a little, then nothing.

I watched several people try to spawn him, and they had the same result to.

All day long miners are trying to get him to spawn and no luck.

• P

I wonder if they decreased the osemite deposit respawn timer to compensate for this bug.

I got a GM ticket response to the issue.

“Rank 2 Osmenite is working as intended you need rank 1 prior to doing the quest”

which I have and mentioned in my ticket that a lot of people are having the issue and they didn’t even reset the quest for me, so now I am stuck with rank 1 unable to do the quest…standing here watching other people fail to summon him.

I guess I should feel lucky because he is spawning for me but after 3 kills, I have not seen the recipe. I seem to be able to loot him even though he is not a “rare” for me after the first kill. This is the 3rd character I’ve run through here but the first one that has had to farm a rare for a profession recipe. Seems like bad design to me.

Update: I got one of the recipes on kill #4. Will keep farming for the other one. Even though he is no longer a “rare” after the first kill, if you hang around a few minutes you can get the gemstones and summon him again.

Update #2. Now it appears to be bugged. Was resetting fairly quickly. I’ve been here for about an hour and has not reset yet. :frowning:

I cant do it either, they say it works but I would like them to show us how, all my crystals are in place but he cant be summoned, i have waited hours and hours while on my other acct and no go. I do have rank 1, I have deleted the pick and found more, tried and tried everything I can think of.

1 Like

I got a free month of game time because I am unable to get rank 2 - yall should file a ticket too.

I did the same just now. It’s very frustrating that they put a recipe that so many people will want behind a unique rare mob. And on top of that the event to summon him is bugged most of the time.

I have not even seen the nodes up since about day 2 - crystals always in place and not resetting. I was just looking around here to see if they had fixed it with the reset and I was just unlucky when i checked in the cave… guessing no.

This quest appears to be resetting on my server now. It was not earlier today. I noticed the crystals did not disappear until after a Miner tapped Avarius’s husk. Maybe that is what is going on? If there is no Miner around, just people killing the “rare” mob, then the even does not reset? I’ll keep my eye on that.

I got one of the recipes on my 4th kill for the day will hang out and see if I can get the second recipe on a subsequent kill today.

I just got the second Mining recipe on my second kill of today. Apparently I can only do the event to summon once per day but I can loot multiple kills if someone else does the event.

On the tuesday reset, I was able to spawn Avarius. Took 4 spawns to get the recipe.

• P

So only on Tuesday not long after 8am does Avarius spawn?