Available PvP titles due to starting at 0 rating

This was seen from before TBCC even launched.

The whole new arena rating system is hurting the game. No changes should have been done.

Here is a post made back in May:

There were no changes made to the Vanilla Classic Honor grind Ranks 1 - 14. That system is a very large part of that experience of the original game.

There should also be no changes made to the TBC Classic Arena Gear progression. This experience is a very very large part of the Arena experience in TBC.

The changes proposed by Blizzard are not what TBC is about and breaks the spirit of PvP and Arena in the TBC expansion.

Seems pretty simple to have the original requirements that were in place in TBC.

Teams start at 1500 Rating.

Original lay out of gear rating requirement in TBC:
Season 01 - No Rating Requirements

Season 02 - No Rating Requirements

Season 03:
Shoulders 2000
Weapon 1850

Season 04:
Shoulders 2200
Weapon 2050
Helm 1700
Boots 1700
Rings 1650
Chest 1600
Bracers 1575
All other S4 gear No Rating Requirements

This original pathing of Rating Requirements by Season is important to keep true to the original TBC expansion.

Any changes to the original as is it was TBC Arena Gear pathing will result in a game experience worse off and not in the spirit of what TBC is about for the community of players who play World of Warcraft.

Keep TBC Arena what it was, this is what we loved about TBC.

The mix of rating and system changes to Arena have hurt overall. The best players in the world aren’t affected, and unfortunately those are the players Blizzard seeks advice from.

Larger picture and overall health didn’t seem to be a concern.

23 Likes

People just want the same amount of titles that was given out in the original TBC.

7 Likes

The title should be sold in the cash shop so more people can get it.

Win-win.

4 Likes

Eh… I like less titles, I don’t remember retail TBC back in the day, due to pserver playing. I want PVP to be for the top of the top to get…

I noticed this the other day. All leaderboards are stopping at 1500, leaving tons of qualified teams unaccounted for.

This is 100% a bug. Please address this blizzard before the season ends and it becomes a cluster.

An additional topic that should be talked about and made sure happens as it was back in original TBC is length of the Arena Seasons.

For referance.
Season 01: 20 weeks
Season 02: 23 weeks
Season 03: 29 weeks
Season 04: 17 weeks

The low end of weeks always feels too fast. If any measure or changes need to be done on Blizzards end. They should follow the longer Arena seasons as a standard: 23-29 weeks for an average.

2 Likes

the original system was crap, it was abused by high ranking pvpers who would reform teams to stomp low rating groups, there’s clearly problems with this system too, but there’s a very good reason they didn’t bother with the old system either.

Suggest something other than “hurr old system i didn’t play on was good”. Perhaps they should lower the Glad ranking to 2000?

1 Like

Vihara,

Really don’t recall this problem happening. Didn’t seem like such a large issue or problem back then. Seems more so imagined. /shrug

7 Likes

then you remember wrong, because i had very vivid memories of being pushed out of trying to enter arena by multiple sweaty resto druid rogue combos in full high level arena gear that were happy to waste my time for half an hour in 2v2s.

It wasn’t working as those who couldnt get the top spot found more fun by remaking group after group to smurf, don’t pretend it doesnt happen, it happens in any pvp activity in any game these days where you have the ability to target players well below your experience and gear level.

Go see the rogues who farm lowbies as a classic example.

4 Likes

Honestly dude, the quicker wrath gets here the better. TBC PvP is an RNG fest of unfun. Resists completely change the game and are just terrible for a competitive environment

Vihara,

Wouldn’t say I’m remembering incorrectly. That’s kinda rude to say. Just that it didn’t seem like such a common thing happening.

A few players did it and you happened to run across that in your battlegroup, sure. That feels bad, I get that. But it just doesn’t seem like a huge problem.

The entire culture or type of player who would do that, does that in any game and with in this new ladder system. The solution and resistance to use the older system starting at 1500 rating with this underlying issue as a support for the new system falls pretty flat.

Purely because the type of player who would do such a thing, continues and will do it regardless. So looking at the larger picture, the change which doesn’t solve the issue and only hurts the community & Arena Ladder system as a whole.

What battlegroup in Original TBC did you experience this on? What server did you play on?

In my experience on three different battlegroups and servers, most of which fostered large PvP and Dueling communites of which naturally are very testostrone fueled; didn’t really experience or see this happening.

4 Likes

please address this blizzard before the season ends thanks

2 Likes

Remember when we said that adding rating to weapons/shoulder would drive lots of people away from Arena?

I remember.

12 Likes

They will mess that up too sadly. I am fairly certain the RNG we experience here is wrong, I played original TBC and the resist on cc and RNG avoidance on CC wasn’t so hyper active because even though I rejoiced in Wrath with my CC being more reliable it was never so bad in TBC that it was tilting like now. This like blizzard being wrong about nova is a question in doubt.

2 Likes

Please expand the pool by including a similar % of eligible teams to be counted in the pool in accordance with original TBC title calculations.

3 Likes

None of this crap makes any sense unless you think of a comically dark seedy board room with a palpatinesque figure in the back calling the shots, to turn around publicly as a “streamer” and flout how impressive their carefully gatekept achievement is. It happened to give blizz an out from having to attempt balance in season1 by killing any interest overall.

I really don’t understand this. I played arena season 1-4 and got glad 3-4. I do remember getting stomped sometimes but that’s just as probable as bad rng or counter matchups. Even if top teams did remake occasionally how many games are you going to play vs them? 3? Tops? And even if this was an issue why not just start at 1500 and integrate a personal mmr for team sizes? This would still make the casual people get more honor per week, prevent smurfing if that would actually be a problem, and have more teams added to the tally for end of season rewards.

3 Likes

I thought and was hopeful I was overreacting when they added retail style ladders in and said this is a killer. Turns out we were even more right than we thought. Arena is more dead than I would have guessed worst case scenario…

6 Likes

It’s tough to tell honestly. People are a lot more meta now so you’ll have less things like undead warriors, people will have their talents known and googled so that’s another big change. Plus the batching change is actually disgustingly massive and makes things like rogue/mage lockdown very simple and easy to extend out to the second another cc is going to end. I do agree though that this whole thing is much less “tbc like”. Part of the way games are played now and part of the new engine dynamic and changes I would imagine.

1 Like

I don’t think anything short of using a Real Wrath Client on a real Wrath server will be worth playing at this point. Blizzard cant manage the quality level and yes, the way they have handled batching both here and in Vanilla Classic is just bad. On one hand you had 400ms batching that behaved like 1500ms batching, and here you have in some ways batching at 10ms with other things that are obviously batched differently. The only thing we can count on here is that Blizzard lies and does a bad job. This is why I am kinda “out” after TBC, and if I get the WoW bug again ill just play on one of those other servers that are sadly far more mechanically accurate than this. Everything excluding the PVE behaves about how I remember on original TBC (on the naughty servers), the PVE on the naughty servers is kinda terrible and this is way better, but after several play throughs of TBC arena’s on naughty servers at 200ms+ and terrible PVE its kinda nice to be able to enjoy the PVE.

Just wish Blizzard could be even 90% as good as the naughty realms for PVP, they do it near perfect.

The way they still batch attacks after the fact because of the spell Q system (maybe batching is the wrong word) its a big headache.

Everything from how insane my frost mage’s RNG root procs (it was NEVER this good in TBC) to how CC is RNG avoided and resisted more frequently than its applied… There is nothing in this engine working correctly. I even suspect the RNG being jacked up on kitty backstab, there is no way it can be that wildly inconsistent yet my auto swing crits like crazy.

TBC started off with bugs, and some have indeed been fixed but as they have gone along they have IMO screwed up the combat mechanics worse than when they started out. At least the first month was fun when the mind boggling crap to deal with in terms of RNG resists / avoidance was orc’s in the arena, now everyone is a freaking orc with RNG dodge and parry on crap that never happened this way in Vanilla classic on effectively the same engine. BUT here we are, ill PVE and arena and some BG and have fun but this ain’t TBC.

7 Likes