Available PvP titles due to starting at 0 rating

Yeah it was a really poor start for a lot of people. Honestly I transferred servers and have just been helping newer to pvp people get points and trying not to care that I have to explain nearly all matchups and reiterate what not to do or what to do so often. Maybe I’ll push more next season with pvp minded players but as a whole mage rogue/RMP is going to be rough this whole expansion. Luckily Druid/rogue is fairly strong. Next season Druid/war might be better as a whole.

1 Like

First I just want to voice how dumb it was that teams above 1500 only count towards titles. Meaning reduced gladiators, duelists, etc. The average player is around 1200?

Yeah I BARELY saved enough to get 4 pc. And I chose the one class that if you don’t roll 4 pc you’re an idiot. So I have to wait until the 7th, chalk this season as a Blizzard mess up and other circumstances I couldn’t control and move on. I’m optimistic though as many people were able to gain high ratings in pve gear, abuse that to get full glad early on - and well we know the rest of the story.

So we’ll see. I do know for a fact season 2 and season 3 are top tier seasons for warrior and season 4 is better than season 1 is for sure. I mean, warriors do better the game goes on. A rogue could easily go toe to toe without any repercussions and somehow priests had the mana regen to sustain dps and dispelling. Which is absurd. The amount of mp5 priests packed this season was just nuts. In addition adding spell power to healers really changed the meta. Disc priest warlock was breakfast for any warrior team. This season it was rough if the enemy team was any good. Disc rogue could also dish out immense pressure and one mistake by the druid meant a massive CC chain thats unsurvivable by the low HP pool warriors have season one. Hell, warriors gain an extra 2k armor I believe from HWL/GM honor gear to season 1? It adds about 5% physical damage reduction in conjunction with reduced crit chance/damage.
The gear did matter and provided probably a 10% change to defense and offense - significant stats when play has been perfected on private servers for years meanwhile others like me quit WoW for 9+years

2 Likes

nice haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahahaha right after I post!

Coming from a class that couldn’t even wear my gladiator as 4 pc HWL>2 pc 2 pc due to current meta, the point fiasco was a nightmare. And right as I break 1500+ working my butt off before they make the point change. As indicated, arena season was ridiculously short. I believe it was 2 full months versus 5. Just going statistics as it says “five months” not “17 weeks in the past season 1 and 10 weeks season 1 tbc classic.”

It was botched, discouraged new pvp’ers, and even casual pvp’ers completely.

1 Like

Warrior druid if that’s what you played becomes a much better team season 2 as classes that counter warrior druid classes begin to lose to other comps, in conjunction, stamina goes up significantly, along with warriors gaining 40-50 resil easily without sacrificing the hit rating they need. Season 2 helm for example gains hit rating.

That was true in original TBC but i doubt it will remain this time around. The issue is that glaives will be much, much more common and rogues will dominate with them. While it’s true that warriors gain quite a bit as well i have no doubt that the meta will still be rogues come S3/S4. I think S2 will be the best season for warriors this go around. Not that it’s not completely doable with a warrior, just that it will not be as easy as it once was.

Kaivax, all teams including those below 1000 rating should be counted toward end of season rewards. That is not what his happening, and that’s how it was in original TBC.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that as of this very moment, in 2v2 bracket 1970 is Duelist…but so is 2550?? How can Duelist range from 1970-2550 (and soon to be 2600 by this Tuesday) and Gladiator to R1 is only 200 rating apart? That means Gladiator currently with this API is closer to top 0.2% of all teams instead of top 0.5% as it should be.

Please look at this and make the proper adjustments to the calculations. All of the active teams on the ladder including below 1000 rating should be included in calculations for end of the season rewards.

6 Likes

Warglaives were actually easier to handle than the current burst. I’ve played private servers on this patch essentially and I can tell you that s1 is the worst because rogues armor pen passive is the most effective, resil is at its lowest, and battle master trinkets aren’t available. In live even at high gladiator range I remember warglaives shadow priest rogue teams being beatable. And I had no access to any pve gear, and wore deep thunder in s3 with 3/5 s1. It’s definitely doable. You just can’t go toe to toe and have to play intelligent. Remember it’s a haste proc and combat has all the good talents that benefit a rogue. It was sword procs, adrenaline rush, and a few other skills in conjunction with glaives under combat that made them a nightmare.

Further, armor pen benefits warrior druid more than rogue+x (within the actual match itself). Armor pen is exponential. Glaives were powerful due to combat spec and the haste proc plus adrenaline rush. Shadow priests are already doing as much damage as s3 (but won’t gain much more soell power) due to the low resil.

Warriors can build to survive just fine against rogues. We gain a tremendous amount of damage against cloth and leather wearers s3. There’s also a few pve pieces we wear that add significant stats. Plus extra resilience. Further a warrior can wear the battle master trinket if they do choose. Burst does not increase any more than it did this season. I’m almost willing to bet my pants off =P

Still isnt counting people under 1k

2 Likes

On the flip side, the amount of boosts in 2s right now is nutty.

Left my 2650 team this week to help a buddy get his duelist. I swear I’m still playing 2600+ players at 1800 MMR. It’s absolutely insane.

its always been only over 1500 i thought though…

Last day of the season, and you have zero response to this massive thread when people ask if it’s now calculating ALL active teams including those under 1000 like it should.

Really?

all Oceanic glad spots are sold / reserved for a small group of people and their friends using various teams to gate keep everyone else out of it.

Are you guys going to do anything about it?

1 Like

Bump. This needs to be addressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.