Available PvP titles due to starting at 0 rating

I don’t believe that. You guys can’t be evaluating anything. You’re just shooting feces at the wall and you’re happy when it sticks.

The fact that you try to say you’ve thought out the problem that you’ve created actually makes all of this worse, not better.

10 Likes

Yup its insane. I’ve been doing arena since actual tbc season 2, and have never EVER seen challenger be 1300. Or hell even below 1500.

This system is pathetic and season 1 was a joke.

7 Likes

Yeah and what was your criteria for putting rating requirements on S1 gear?

8 Likes

Thanks for the update! Could you tell us the exact criteria to be counted in the total pool?

Please and thank you!

1 Like

So is it counting the massive portion of teams below 1000 rating now? If not it’s still broken. It’s top 0.5% of ALL active teams in TBC. That’s how it was and should be.

The fact that 2500 in 2s will be Duelist by the end of the season on Tuesday at the rate it’s at now, is just a complete joke.

3 Likes

Dont you mean “we” trashcan

I’m so sick of hearing this bunk from simps who think it’s okay for a company keep the rules a secret from the participants of a game. In what world is this okay? The very fact that they withhold that information is suspect.

Imagine entering any other tournament like pool or tennis or whatever and the sponsors tell you the criteria for obtaining certain titles is a secret.

Just when you think Blizzard couldn’t be any more incompetent . . .

2 Likes

Can confirm. Decided to take a risk and teach a druid friend to pvp. Never did arena or wow pvp before as a resto druid, high skill cap healer for playing with a warrior. Undergeared I got him to 1550 at his top. By then people had at least 2 PCs of gladiator gear, full honor set, plus all kara gear. Poor druid had 7k hp and 900 healing power with 225 resil. This in a season where people like rogue mage do more burst than they did in s3 due to low resil s1+easy availability of pve gear. All because it took us a month to get him to break 1500. Then a week later they announce “we messed up arena heres free points to make up for our goof up.” Furthermore we hit 70 the “third week of arena” in a 3 month arena cycle versus the usual five. Fantastic release of the game.

1 Like

You got him to Challenger at least, I would say that is a feat if you are poorly geared and one person isn’t very experienced.

1 Like

All I know is I broke 1850 wearing HWL against full glad chars and I have nagrand belt as a kicker lol. Top items warrior. My only regret was not doing my original tbc plan which was my nostalgia of mage s1/s2 into warrior s3/s4. Oh well. Mistakes were made.

Believe it or not it he could have been duelist 100%, but financial issues struck a month ago and he had to quit. As he finally got opera pants, bangle, and a number of items really all he had left was dagger of solace and a few crap items here and there. Everything came in a week minus tossing his horrible healing weapon. Plus some more honor items. I think he could have gotten duelist his first season. Rival for sure. I’ll probably be stuck at rival, seeing as my partner sadly also was plagued with a RL issue. Just got the message. I really couldn’t care it’s one season. I’ll just be happy to be on even stomping grounds gear wise. And the pvp gear is good enough to be fine thank god next season.

Yeah I trie to explain to him by percent rather than xyz streamer is 2600 he couldn’t wrap his head around it lol.

1 Like

Yeah 2500 duelist is pretty nutty

2 Likes

I don’t understand how the rating system impacts how you play.

You’re giving me a false equivalency. The rules of arena, just like pool or tennis are laid out. The rating system may be more masked then the others, but that DOES NOT STOP YOU FROM DOING YOUR BEST.

Continue to play more and more games to raise your rating. There is not some magical threshold that will land you a specific rank. Even if they did, the last minute area games could swing teams in or out of favor. Play more games, win more games and get the rank you earned.

P.S. Not a Blizzard simp and this is not the only game where the ranking system has hidden variables to prevent people from gaming it.

Yeah, see, no. That’s not how it works here.

What??

Would playing more and winning more games not raise your rating? I don’t understand.

CSGO has an unknown method of ranks with a hidden MMR.

Um, im sure you thought you were very clever with your “got em” but i’m not exactly sure where you think I should put “we” in any point in that post.
“We so don’t leave us in suspense; what are the criterias?”
“Ok we don’t leave us in suspense; what are the criterias?”
“Ok so we leave us in suspense; what are the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t we us in suspense; what are the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave we in suspense; what are the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave us we suspense; what are the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave us in we; what are the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave us in suspense; we are the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave us in suspense; what we the criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave us in suspense; what are we criterias?”
“Ok so don’t leave us in suspense; what are the we?”

All of it doesn’t make a lick of sense. You know considering I had already put “us” in there in the first place and it’s a synonym of we.

All people want to know is what the criteria for registering as a ranked player is. The assumption is teams under 1k aren’t being counted which sort of makes sense in a system like retail wow, where you get to 1k+ essentially for free, but in a game like tbc where many people are actively queue and ratings are very deflated struggle to break 1k rating it’s really weird. Especially when in retail tbc and wotlk all you needed was 10 wins or something. I understand the fear of artificially inflating the ladder but it’s not realistic in a game like tbc where having more than one character is so time consuming.

Do you have any idea how the titles work? It’s based on being in the top% of players you’ll never see an abundance of gladiators due to that.

I missed a word, no need to rant and rave about it. Not hard to read in-between the lines but I’ll make sure to lay it out for you in the future.

I agree, there shouldn’t be any changes because Blizzard won’t make good ones.

Just do your best. Pretty much every calculation we have from WoW has been player sourced. I find that going for a run calms me down.

It would be cool, but they do not have to. If you want to try REALLY hard file a freedom of information request and see if you get anything back. But this is not a government type of thing so full transparency is not entitled to players.

The R1 titles are less restrictive.

I wish everyone the best in attaining their long-lost childhood dream of gladiator.

This season’s challengers are sub 1400 with the 2s bracket barely scratching 1300. That means 65% of the COUNTED playerbase couldn’t even get that high. Lol?

Not to mention the season was what, 12 or 13 weeks instead of 20… and it took them 7 weeks to fix the points since even people well past challenger cutoff were still getting 250 points a week.

What a total joke.

4 Likes