AV Weekend & Double Honor

Double AV honor (4x) is definitely not activated. Getting the same amount of gains for 4 towers + belinda + win as previous week with the innate 2x honor for all bgs.

1 Like

Honor weekend does not mean double Honor. For AB it means you gain bonus honor ever 200 resources instead of every 330, and for AV it means that completing the game nets you ~112 bonus honor.

Everything is working as “intended”, it’s just garbage.

idk where you’re getting 4x from lol

I’m not sure, sign of battle is 2x, AV weekend is supposed to be 2x. If my math is correct that would be 4x?

1 Like

I doubt they go off of each other. Say you get 200 honor. You get 2 100% increases to that. One is 200 more, the other is 200 more. Would be 600 or 3x

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Battlegrounds_holiday

For AV the only difference is that all players regardless of win or loss get 4 extra kills worth of honor for completing a game.

Kills are 14 honor (x2 from double honor) = 28 x 4 for completing a game = 112

Additionally, blues have confirmed that scoreboards do not show the double honor, so honor gained is twice as much as the scoreboard shows.

For AV the only difference is that all players regardless of win or loss get 4 extra kills worth of honor for completing a game.

Kills are 14 honor (x2 from double honor) = 28 x 4 for completing a game = 112

Additionally, blues have confirmed that scoreboards do not show the double honor, so honor gained is twice as much as the scoreboard shows.

I can also personally confirm yesterday double honor + HK kill honor being updated immediately to the honor values. I’m glad they added the instant calc (in early TBC it used to calc on daily reset). Games are giving me anywhere from 600-800 bonus honor plus HK kill honor per…

I get that you’re linking stuff, I’m letting you know my honor gains today are the exact same as Wed, with 4 towers + balinda + win coming out to ~700 honor.

1 Like

Honestly at this point its impossible to tell what is broken & what is “working as intended”

These forums are just abandoned

1 Like

ab was giving points every 200 points instead of 330. I think it people are mistaken in thinking a weekend = double bbonus honor.

I only got 1100 honor in an hour. I won 3 AV’s and got 5 capped on an AB in that time (which was only abt 10 mins and i’d have been in av que otherwise and wouldn’t have even had another game within that hour). that’s pretty terrible honor gain considering i won 3 of 4 bg’s and all 3 wins were AV(weekend “bonus”). One 3 bunker win, and two 2 bunker wins straight down the pipe with no delays.

Assuming i continue the win/loss ratio (unlikely) - 1100 honor an hour would be very roughly 36 hours of playtime just for the weapons alone.

Not sure i see myself farming honor gear in TBC. maybe for 2-3 items. Otherwise going to focus on pve where the rewards are a bit more reasonable and just focus on arena points when arena releases. No point no lifeing for blue pvp gear regardless of the resil bonus.

1 Like

I can’t see honor farming in AV being worth it for Horde, on Alliance side I’m netting ~2500 honor an hour with 2 minute queues.

yeah…I had a game that gave 800 honor last night. It heavily depends on how many towers you have alive at the end and if your captain is alive at the end too, not just how many towers you burned and if you killed the capt.

Going Galv/IBT/TP strats, I’m yielding at least 3,000 to 4,000 honor per hour with 2 minute queues and games lasting between 7 minutes and 12 minutes on average.

You literally get the 112 bonus honor in your chat window at the end of the game.

If you win, you’ll get it twice. Once for the General kill and another time for the week-end bonus.

Just got 400 honor for a full AV win. Yikkesssss this honor is trash.

1 Like

While the honour per game obviously varies, I honestly can’t really see any difference in honour per hour compared to what I’ve been getting all week prior to AV weekend, so yeah.

What the hell, I’m averaging 1200 per hour right now if I take my playtime today and divide my honour by it, and I’ve had very little downtime.

2 Likes

the difference might be him having epic mount and being involved/alive in major battles - i think thats where the bulk of the additional honor is, from surviving long drawn out battles in choke points 6-14hk/kill adds up over an hour

The scoreboard is bugged. You get between 500-1k for winning(most people play it wrong and don’t maximize the bonus honor). You get about 250-350 for losing. But you can get more than this if you play it correctly and still lose.

i seem to remember doing pre-made AV’s with a guy back in classic/tbc - - and he would say when it was necessary to stay after the game was over because if the towers went down we would still get the honor after the game ended - - is that still a thing?