AV is such a mess

This is the symptom of the PERCEPTION of imbalance, whether its true or not. If people believe they’re at a disadvantage they will tend to lose…even if they’re actually not.

But it is extremely hard to tell if they’re actually at a disadvantage if they’re not actually participating.

3 Likes

:white_check_mark:Undead
:white_check_mark:Rogue
:white_check_mark:Horde
:white_check_mark:99% win rate faction

42 Likes

So what is your solution? All I read from your posts is telling people to change their mindset. You’re like a motivational speaker without the motivation.

I don’t AV anymore but for one side to continue to have near perfect win rates is obviously destroying the BG.

5 Likes

Nice stereo-typing. I actually think the current meta is not healthy and want it to be in a healthier state, but I want it to be fixed correctly.

But again, good job devolving into such nonsense.

6 Likes

Great to hear this new info on the Horde cave location .

I completely agree that the current state of AV is not healthy…however, I am not a game designer, and I am not arrogant enough to think that I could solve the problem by my self.

I wrote this post a while back: The Curious case of Wolfenstein, AV and Player Perception And it describes a situation where two identical guns had different performance simply because the player-base perceived they were imbalanced. They were literally identical, but the players wrongfully assumed otherwise and it led to an actual in-game discrepancy. The fix…was to change the sound-effects on one of the guns to make it “feel” less powerful.

I don’t have the experience in design or workings of this game to even pretend to come up with a way to make the Alliance try though…which is unfortunate.

2 Likes

Its impossible to talk to the defeatist types. All they do is make excuses for being terrible at PVP.

There are issues with the map, but they fail to see how well Alliance overcame that by weeding out the spergs with premades.

5 Likes

This!

I was around for those. They sucked, too. It was a bunch of elitist cheaters (which sounds like an oxymoron, but it is what it is.)

4 Likes

This happened last night where we couldn’t even find where the Alliance was aside from like like 10 at SHGY. Ended up being an honor farm near SPGY for 35 minutes but it was bizarre. They moved south a bit way at the end but no one really tried to do anything.

It’s not fun for the Horde either. As much as an easy win is, it’s not very fun.

The only fix is to allow Horde vs Horde BGs. No, not Merc mode, Horde vs Horde.

The reason this will work is because it will drastically lower Horde queue times, which means horde won’t care as much about winning, bots will move from Alliance to Horde, and games will go back from scorched earth to races.

But you guys don’t want that so guess we’ll just stick with what we got. No sweat off my back.

But the map imbalances! :sob:
But the OP racials! :sob:

1 Like

The people who are laying out an argument with numbers have my vote until someone disproves it. At least they are trying to submit some kind of data. Everyone else is just like, um, no, you’re wrong. Not exactly a great come back.

Why do you lose the fight at SHGY?

English mofo, can you read it?

I addressed the assumption that we have AFKs

I then pointed out the actual issues.

6 Likes

Which side would you want to start on? :popcorn:

11 Likes

I don’t know many, you got guys like Sambouki here insisting that you’re blowing the issue out of proportion:

I don’t see anywhere where you’re addressing people being AFK at all. You’re just saying “MAP BAD” over and over.

2 Likes

Fishbowl, learn to read.

1 Like

Aww you’re a troll. Bye.

1 Like

But… But… MAP BAD!!!

5 Likes