AV Horde still exploiting backdoor to cap towers

2 years later hasn’t been fixed. Good stuff.

Nice having a positive win rate though 5-1 today. Wierd when map isent stacked in one factions favor you dont see a 99 percent win rate

Maybe the Alliance just, “got gud”. Or, the Horde, “isn’t trying”.

I don’t know. I’m trying to remember all the excuses Horde posters made.

3 Likes

they probably have afkers or something

it was fixed, for like 10 months. Then when the new AV version came out they deciced to put the map back how it was before the fix.

Blue post here: PTR Patch Notes - WoW Classic Version 1.13.5 - WoW Classic / WoW Classic General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

Horde will always whine about something. :grin:

2 Likes

What I find so amusing here is that the AV map has always favored alliance. In a straight-up base race, the Alliance will always reach the Horde base and tap the relief hut long before the Horde can get across the bridge into the alliance base. In the new map, Horde starts even further south, giving Alliance more of a map advantage than they already had.

Horde wins when we communicate a strategy up front and are not out-geared by Alliance. When we won 99% of games, it was because hardcore Alliance pvpers were all crushing Horde in WSG and AB, leaving the non-hardcore players to populate AV. These days, with fewer Alliance premades (and no rankers), we win just over half of all games. And when we lose, it is most likely because of the Alliance map advantage.

Tl;dr version: don’t complain if you lose AV as Alliance. You win if you apply some strategy.

13 Likes

the delusion lmao

9 Likes

Pay attention the next time you play AV. Chances are, when the announcement that the Alliance has taken relief hut occurs, the horde are still running north of IWB towards Stormpike GY.

Yep, Alliance have map advantage.

5 Likes

The map was never meant to be played as a race which completely negates your entire “Alliance map advantage” schpiel. The map favors the Horde hardcore when it comes up to a straight up proper game but people get tired of the length of time it takes.

The advantages for Horde have been documented, I play horde and many of us know it was broken yet people like you continue the false narrative that there was never an issue simply because the way the map was played has changed.

6 Likes

looooooooool the only false narrative here is defending a 99% win rate in any way using any meta

The map as currently constituted doesn’t “hardcore favor Horde.” I do think it is still Horde favored if Horde ever actually decides to play the map (in this case, follow picking off stragglers, recap, follow south and wipe alliance). It is like pulling teeth to get us to do it though. People seem to have a problem doing math since 13 min wait + 9 min 400-500 honor win isn’t as good as good as 18 min 900 honor win. It isn’t like we are getting those 13 mins back, so the maximum honor approach is to trail and wipe. #sigh.

Methinks you might need to read who he was responding to and edit your post.

1 Like

The map most definitely favors Alliance. In a straight-up race, the Alliance always gets to our base first. Any advantages the horde supposedly has are in strategy; if we play to win and put up a good defense, we will usually win. But if all we do is try to race Alliance to the boss, the Alliance will win.

I’ve played AV hundreds (thousands) of times, I think I’m slightly familiar with the game.

3 Likes

This doesn’t mean it favors alliance because this isn’t how the map is intended to be played. In the current meta, Alliance have an advantage. In a world where pvp happens, they most assuredly do not.

1 Like

There is no “meta” in PvP. Anyone who thinks that there is would be part of the problem.

The closest you could get would be:

• Teamwork
  • Communicate
  • Strategize
  • Adapt as necessary

Unfortunately, most people seem to be more interested in other people doing the work for them.

1 Like

What? Of course there is. The, “best way” to win, as well as the way to win more games as fast as possible.

1 Like

Is this because of Paladins?

What are you talking about? The Horde spawn is significantly closer to the middle of the map, is much closer to their graveyard (IBGY), is muchb closer to the alliance GY (SHGY), and is much closer to the Alliance base than the Alliance is to theirs. All of this is strategic advantage and it has been stated so many times over why this spawn location being like 20% up the map is much more favorable to have.

1 Like

Alliance mount the full length. Horde don’t. The distance is roughly the same.
If you’re at IWB by the time RH caps you literally stopped moving and did other things besides go straight to aid station.

1 Like

you’re braid dead kid

the entire map is horde biased, even with the start caves finally being even IBGY is insane for defense

2 Likes

Dude, they were at a 99% win rate in AV because of skill and 200 iq tactics.