AV Cave Rez situation

Back when the horde tried to rush, yes we could win those. Now that they turtle 100% it’s a much different situation. Learn the game.

turtling at sh gy isn’t a path to victory lol

Wonder why we do this meta?

Could it have been the eight months prior to this where we still couldn’t win no matter our strat?

if u can’t beat them in pvp, you are going to lose no matter what u try to do

Right and since alliance do in fact do just fine on the other two maps we know it’s not that alliance just suck.

my point exactly. stop thinking u can’t win because of bs map problems

Exactly we know we can’t win in AV because of very real map problems.

1 Like

Not that easy to keep IBGY when they Rez 20 at a time 20 seconds away and you Rez AT BEST 50 seconds away 10 at a time.

They can literally reinforce IBGY 3X faster and with more players than we can, which is why you don’t see games go to IBGY because you can’t hold it against those odds.

wow just wow

have you never seen the alliance take and hold ibgy? and then take fwgy?

and then win?

In an matchup of equal comps, that only happens if horde plays braindead zug zug offense with 30+ at SH GY and doesn’t defend IB GY with 15-20 early enough in the 5 minute counter to get 2-3 respawns from the cave.

Absolutely no way alliance should be able to hold IB GY against an equivalent horde team playing defense.

Not a viable strategy against a horde team that knows the map.

1 Like

Ahh, we have another troll, folks! Ignore away.

someone who thinks i have to lose av must be a troll

You’re not understanding, this isn’t just about winning a fight or 2 to take IBGY.

Sure we cap IBGy, odds are we gave up SHGY for it since we are moving down.

After we lose SHGY we lose our ONLY REZ spot in the south we now Rez at SPGY which is about 3 minutes from IBGY.

So we take IBGY, horde take SHGY, horde send 15-20 players to go retake SHGY, which takes 5 minutes to cap.

ANYTIME a horde dies they Rez at their cave which is 20 seconds away from IBGY, anytime an alliance does they will never make it south again. They will be stuck up north due to horde pushing north.

Those 15-29 zerg IBGY kill a few Alliance over and over. They will get up to 9 rez’s of up to 20 at a time and just tunnel into IBGY, eventually alliance lose because we can’t survive that 8 times without any reinforcements coming to back us up.

This isn’t a case of just win 2 fights then leap frog from IBGY to FWGY to RH.

1 Like

lol u think we didn’t have to overcome this crap in vanilla?

well, we did

enjoy ur losses

Horde never played like this in vanilla (source: me a horde only player that’s never played an alliance toon). Shkar (Tauren warrior) on Executus was my retail character from 2006 to 2008.

3 Likes

u obviously never played against juggernaut who was a hundred times worse

There were some turtles in Vanilla AV but usually most went for a fast win rather than a long turtle. The two factions were pretty balanced and queues were fairly similar, therefore no one wanted a slow game.

Of course, all this was after the revamp. The initial AV setup was much, much slower. We had games on the order of a couple of days. But that wasn’t people turtling, that was because of all the NPCs in the battle that slowed the game down.

1 Like

The difference between now and 14-15 years ago is that the map is solved.

The majority of AVs 14-15 years ago were just all-offense zergs by both teams for the most part. There might have been a 1-2 hour turtle here or there among the many AVs but it was far more rare than now. The side losing the zerg race may have recalled some to try to stop it.

The current scorched earth meta is a new phenomenon that was discovered by horde due to alliance premades when AV was released.

Horde went full turtle mode against alliance premades when AV was released late last year and basically discovered that we can completely wipe the alliance off 2/3 of the map if we cap SH GY and then play defense on every southern node using our respawns (especially the cave respawn) to prevent any hard cap.

This ain’t a private server or retail discovery (though you could argue Blizzard realized the cave location was broken in BC).

1 Like

I know for a fact we didn’t.

It was a zerg meta back then, was there some turtles every now and then ofc there was.

90% of all games back then we’re zerg vs zerg.

I played a rogue i used to camp FOS to actually PvP in AV back then on horde.

Then Dark Iron opened up and I went alliance as a mage, same thing there, I’d camp FOS to get some PvP out of AV since there wasn’t much of the zerg meta.

the horde can thank me for that hahahaha

true story