AV Cave Rez situation

The weirdest thing just happened. I was in an AB alliance was down initially, but then they fought back. After coming back from a 1 to 4 horde flag advantage alliance won.

But sure alliance just give up as soon as they might lose. Nothing to do with AV, alliance just hate winning.

You know what, statements like that make you easily dismissed.

JFC, you cannot stop yourself from disingenuously comparing AB/WSG to AV.

1 Like

Why do care so much that horde just isn’t better at BG’s?

1 Like

Weird just had another AB win despite horde zug zugging harder… almost like it’s not a map issue… or is that alliance who can beat horde don’t like playing on imbalanced map and it is a map issue…

Weird another win in AB but yeah it’s totally that alliance just sucks and there’s no map issues.

Why do people keep bringing up TBC AV? This is classic, TBC doesnt exist here.

https://www.engadget.com/2007-06-12-why-does-the-horde-always-lose-alterac-valley.html

Basically, the Horde says that the Alterac Valley map favors Alliance, since Horde have to make it past the bridge chokepoint and the Stormpike graveyard is more secluded and defended than Frostwolf. The Alliance, on the other hand, blame the Horde’s perennial losses on AFK people, a defeatist attitude, and a lack of defense, and note that Horde seemingly has no problems steamrolling Alliance in WSG and AB. In response, the Horde has issued a challenge for Blizzard to flip the AV map and see if the Horde’s win-loss ratio doesn’t turn around.

Additionally, I rarely if ever play the other 2 BGs.

ratsinfrackin

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2451759-What-side-was-alterac-valley-or-PVP-in-general-biased-towards

Okay so you really just don’t have the proper context to understand that alliance actually don’t just suck at BG’s.

1 Like

Why would I need “context” for something unrelated to AV? Your incessant attempts to link AB/WSG with AV is not getting any more successful. Give it up already.

I wonder if you even read the linked quote earlier from 2007, and if you did if you have even an inking of the irony.

A more sensible connection to draw would be the faction ratio overall across PVP servers, and how alliance has less players overall interested in PVP, yet all of the alliance players not interested in PVP are dumped into the very same BG queue pool. But that connection falls on your deaf ears as you screech MAPMAPMAPSCORCHEDEARFMAPMAPMAP

1 Like

Hooray for ignorance of why they were an advantage in TBC and were removed there and weren’t even relevant in Vanilla.

This allowed us to kill Balinda while simultaneously reinforcing Galv giving us a reinforcement advantage. This advantage allowed Horde to turtle IBGY the rest of the game to run out the reinforcement advantage. If the cave positions were reversed and Alliance had been closer to Galv, it would have played out exactly the same way IN TBC because Alliance could simply turtle SHGY.
That’s not even remotely the same advantage in Classic. In Classic we get dibs on first SFGY soft cap. Weeeeeeeeeeee.

Again, you people like to cry map imbalance like this, try to pretend it is an obvious numbers advantage, then ignore the fact (and it is a fact) that if Alliance plays the map appropriately for this meta, you will take SFGY which eliminates the cave rez advantage completely. And before you try some lame 20 > 10 argument…remember it takes roughly 8 more seconds to get back from the cave to IBGY than it does from SFGY to IBGY. So mathematically, if you have a 30 on 30 and you kill 20 Horde to have them all spawn at the cave at the same time (because that’s what you are suggesting with this trash argument) that means you wiped the floor with Horde in that 30 on 30. If we want to make it more relevant numbers, let’s say it is 30 on 30 and 11 Horde are rezzing at the same time. Let’s say 10 Alliance are rezzing at SFGY at the same time. Those 10 Alliance join the other 19 Alliance for a 29-20 advantage for 8 seconds. That’s enough time to kill multiple Horde before the 11 Horde ride in as reinforcements eliminating the “numbers advantage” from the cave rez entirely. More importantly though, it is enough time to allow Alliance to continue spinning IBGY flag until it hard caps.
But hey, keep going. Your ignorance is highly entertaining.

2 Likes

Because WSG/AB are related to AV.

You claim alliance just suck and that’s why they lose AV. But we can clearly see in WSG/AB that’s not the case. Now since you don’t play those BG’s you lack the context to understand that alliance don’t just suck.

Actually, the claim is that Alliance quit too easily and don’t try in AV and that’s a major difference between the BGs. The funny thing about your AB experience that you just posted is that it actually does more to confirm this bias than refute it.

Nope, not even remotely.

Nope, haven’t done that either. But keep trying to accuse me of that.

Cool, because I never made that claim.

Keep swinging at that man of straw.

Right but it doesn’t because alliance don’t behave the same on balanced maps as they do in AV.

1 Like

Once again ignores duration and queue time differences.
- is zyrius

I mean…self perpetuating loop? Whenever I queue for AV, we always lose. It must be because insert excuse here, so I won’t try. Whenever I queue for AV, we always lose.

1 Like

I mean Blizzard has to have the same internet as we do, the same grasp of historical evidence, and are likely getting a huge chuckle reading this thread and comparing it to 2007.
https://www.engadget.com/2007-06-12-why-does-the-horde-always-lose-alterac-valley.html

Basically, the Horde says that the Alterac Valley map favors Alliance, since Horde have to make it past the bridge chokepoint and the Stormpike graveyard is more secluded and defended than Frostwolf. The Alliance, on the other hand, blame the Horde’s perennial losses on AFK people, a defeatist attitude, and a lack of defense, and note that Horde seemingly has no problems steamrolling Alliance in WSG and AB. In response, the Horde has issued a challenge for Blizzard to flip the AV map and see if the Horde’s win-loss ratio doesn’t turn around.

[quote=“Fayld-westfall, post:7160, topic:591005, full:true”]

Yep and that would be fine if that had always been the case in AV. But it’s not the current situation in AV is the result of long time apathy by alliance as a result of long time neglect by Blizzard.

Which you’ve acknowledged…

Ultimately, I am convinced that they have simmed it and that is the reason why we aren’t seeing changes. I think we should get changes to it to balance it for the player base at any given time in order to make it so the games are more entertaining, but I think that’s a pipe dream.