AV Cave Rez situation

in BC, horde dominated AV also, except when there were premades.

but premades caused the word to spread that Alliance is winning AV so a ton of people would queue and the premades couldnt get their players in anymore.

and then Alliance lost again.

2 Likes

The cave gets moved in TBC. So
wait until the TBC server gets made.

Classic AV was a lost cause the moment they chose the 1.12 version. If it had been 1.7 AV it would be a totally different story. So if you want an actual solution that’s authentic Vanilla
push for earlier AV when the battleground was radically different.

14 Likes

Okay yes. I do think alliance might have an easier time defending SP GY and DB than horde have defending FW GY and the village if the cave situation is changed and both teams build an offensive meta due to the shape of SP GY and the bridge. But at least that’s a lot closer of a match up if both teams can get to that point in developing offenses.

Right now alliance has no offensive strategy. Nothing works unless horde have a terrible comp and alliance take IB GY and roll over a bunch of defensive waves from the cave.

The cave rez defense is absurdly overpowered at preventing alliance from getting any offensive foothold at IB GY. We all know this. That must be fixed so we can get better games with both teams developing offenses.

15 Likes

This.

19 Likes

This is the old 1.12 AV map. I think the map was changed in later versions of WoW. In other words, even Blizzard agrees that this isn’t the best AV map for AV.

Blizzard is not “ignoring” that. Classic is a copy of an old game. Classic is not SUPPOSED to get improved, in places it could be improved.

4 Likes

I’ve long thought that moving the horde cave back but keeping the 20 respawn thing would help mitigate the weakness of FWGY. If alliance have capped IBGY and horde is trying to defend FWGY, that would be a fairly similar position to when horde have capped SHGY and alliance are defending SPGY. The cave respawns would no longer help horde at IBGY since they would be respawning at FWGY instead, but the cave respawns would help horde defend FWGY, where they would frankly need it. At least I think. There are so many interacting variables that there’s no way to really know what the effects would be until some change actually gets made and it shakes out in games.

1 Like

Yes, it is, because it is not meant to be a mirrored map.
SP and IB are easily defended/retaken by caves.
FW and SH both are easy as hell to capture.

Here’s to hoping the mods take note of the players who are brigade hiding posts they do not like.

4 Likes

Here’s the difference.
Horde are assaulting SP. Already pushing up to the alliance base and presumably having already destroyed 2/4 bunkers, halfway to victory.

Alliance are assaulting ib, having destroyed no towers and one wipe away from a complete reset.

You cannot compare sp and ib.

14 Likes

Yup. Classic means Classic. Warts and all. Good with the bad.

2 Likes

This thread isn’t so long that you couldn’t read the rest of the comments. So maybe do so before saying something this asinine.

5 Likes

You too, for that matter. Don’t just spout lazy nonsense. They’ve changed a buttload since Classic launched so ‘warts and all’ is just a stupid thing to say when they have made an effort to change many of the warts.

15 Likes

As long as “changes” are on the table in this thread, what about the idea of adding in the later-implemented resources mechanic?

This would incentivize PvP action on both ends and most assuredly give Alliance a path towards victory that is somewhat reliable and not totally reliant on map changes.

1 Like

I hope they do move it back and change the respawn rate! Won’t change anything, but it’ll be fun to see what the alliance forum warriors think of next.

3 Likes

I agree with this but there should be one addition:

Delay the opening of the horde gate a few seconds so both teams arrive at the center of the Field of Strife at the same time.

By doing this alliance will have a chance to grab SFGY, defend SHB, and have equal access to points south that the horde does. The battle lines form where the enemies clash, have that be the middle of the map.

1 Like

Please enlighten me what they’ve changed. Class abilities all identical to what they were. Items all from Vanilla. Raids all from Vanilla. Dungeons all from Vanilla. So what have they changed? Oh no, you can auto-loot without having to hit shift!! Massive change.

So please tell me. Content-wise what have they changed? Name a single thing.

2 Likes

Alliance can no longer coordinate solo queuing to form AV premades.

8 Likes

1.12 patches, talents, and changes for far earlier content like MC, BWL, and ZG. That’s a huge one.

5 Likes

All of that is from Vanilla. Not a change. I said CONTENT. What content have they changed? Items, talents, abilities, bosses, mobs, bgs. Have they changed any of it?

Talents, abilities, and such are content. You have versions from 1.12 being used for stuff like BWL which was released at 1.6. That’s a change.

4 Likes

They removed the Dun Baldar backdoor (and the opposite one too) even though they were in vanilla. That count for you?

8 Likes