AV Cave Rez situation

But these are the same players that only have a 50% win ratio against horde.

So we once again get back to why are these players who aren’t any better than horde queuing for AV?

What?

the reason why the average Alliance pug isnt as good as the average horde player is because Horde wait 2 hours for AV lol. They have every reason to defend and take every objective and farm you for until 30 mins

But the average pug alliance player is as good as the average horde pug. Waiting in a queue does not impart skill.

If anything the average pug player on alliance is better as they actually spend more time playing and have a better understanding of the map.

We would have to spend some time to collect data to verify, but it could also be that the average level disparity on Alliance side vs Horde side, effectively makes AV something like 39 Horde vs 30 Alliance, for example. That would be a Horde advantage, but perhaps one that is created by Alliance players.

We don’t know this to be true. I don’t particularly suspect it isn’t, but I also don’t particularly suspect it matters or is relevant in the win/loss ratio for AV.

If those rascally horde scoundrels would just stop putting effort into playing the game as designed, dag’nabit.

1 Like

That’d take at least a couple weeks to compile for a horde player. You ask too much.

It also isn’t enough data to suggest anything. For one, it’s an incredibly small sample size. It’s also only a single data point. The best that that could suggest is a win/loss ratio, which doesn’t tell you much.

Indeed it gives zero indication as to anything else, including why or how.

It isn’t that the queue makes you better. It is that it motivates you to try harder, because you aren’t going to give up after spending hours in a queue.

And the queues for wsg/ab factor in, too. Might as well grab that av queue as a ranker, since the 15 minutes between every wsg or ab count toward the av queue. But alliance get in wsg/ab instantly, which is another reason they don’t bother with av.

Horde generally queue for all 3. This is why so many horde AB premades have only 10 people, so they can queue for wsg and ab at the same time. And when av pops for someone, they drop group and rejoin once their av is over

There usually isn’t that long of a queue. It happens, but tends to be followed by successions of insta-queues.

Whelp just won a game, confirming it’s only really doable when alliance just play vastly better than horde. Horde played their same normal easy strat with the same low level of competence as usual, which usually works, alliance just played at near premade levels. And it was still a challenging game just because of the cave rez.

I’ll try again maybe it’ll be a more even match.

1 Like

And there’s the loss, horde were more on par and captured SH while alliance tried to push IBGY. With more even teams the issues become even more apparent.

1 Like

And another loss against a decent horde team. so at 1 win 2 losses so far. How about you?

1 Like

I mean its not like the Horde have a raid boss they can summon if the Alliance actually turtle there…

or that the terrain is INCREDIBLY advantageous for horde to camp the GY with multiple flanks with high ground that lets them attack+aoe down on a tiny choke point where all the horde spawn. Then when they cap the GY the alliance all spawn in the wrong direction and allowing the Horde free access to the Alliance base with the same terrain advantages+ now the horde can control the bridge.

However once the horde have SH they have an incredibly strong defensive choke point cutting off the bottom half of the map and are basically guarenteed to win if there is no group of alliance with a southern foothold, so at that point turtling is just wasting peoples time due to the eventual summon of Lok.

you call alliance worse, yet you have no idea how dumb you have to be to not see how the map is the problem in this BG…

6 Likes

There is plenty of data that points to it, you just either are too lazy to look for it, or too dishonest to accept it.

Nearly every part of the map favors horde, but most are minor. However the IBGY defensive capabilities due to the cave give the Horde a strategy that is basically unbeatable which we can see now and when horde first started to use this strategy in 2.3 because it was made obvious by the addition of reinforcements

Come on. This is not fun banter. Offer something. A link even… a suggestion for something to Google.

Lies… apparently, and on par with your ability to offer any engaging conversation or arguments worth noticing.

This is not a new conversation, it has been clearly shown MANY times on these forums also in multiple threads you have responded in.
Hence the too lazy to look for it comment.

but here let me make it simple for you. IBGY defense has no viable counter other than being over 2-3x stronger than the horde. So for teams that are even remotely equal in gear/skill, if Horde play an incredibly simple strategy the Alliance have no way of winning. Every other problem stems from this.

Also just because you are too dumb to look at the map, doesn’t mean someone is lying when they point out how much it gives advantage to the Horde.

IBGY stronger for horde than any GY for Alliance
SHGY weak defense from southern assaults, strong defense from northern assaults.
Towers are in better defensive positions
Shamans summon in a far superior position than druids
Middle point of the map is on the Alliance side of the map
Bunkers are far easier to capture than towers due to locations
SPGY+Cave offers incredible terrain advantage for assaulting team.
Galv has 25% more health than Belinda, has higher armor and hits harder(also fears tank)

The list goes on for horde advantages…

4 Likes

Too lazy to quote.

Get bent.

I’ve lost all respect I had for you with this comment.

Would you like to challenge me to an IQ contest?

You know what? This should not be changed. This is how it was, this is how it should stay. It sucks that my faction can’t win, but that’s the way it should be in a game that shouldn’t be changed by people that don’t like it.

1 Like

Just an image of the map alone says a lot. Look at cave locations. A starting location that allows almost a full minute headstart on capping SHGY vs. IBGY with a x20 rez spawn located right in the middle of two GYs. If you ignore everything else you’ve been told about the map, at least believe the visual.

https://imgur.com/a/VwzoEZc

5 Likes

It’s really sad that theres so many alliance who refuse to learn the objectives of the map and theres more than 1 strategy to win AV. It’s also sad that so many people on this forum abuse the flagging tool and report everyone who has a different opinion than them. You do realize people that abusing the report tool is against Blizzard’s rules and can get your account actioned.

2 Likes