AV Cave Rez situation

Ah sorry I didn’t mean I was fine with blizzard’s position which has yes been garbage.

1 Like

With the SF rez thing being fixed the map is completely fine in its current state. If they wanted to bring AV more in line with the other BGs and increase participation the only thing they would need to do is increase the honor output of AV - but that might come with the drawback of lowering its reputation gains, I dunno. Some kind of trade off would need to happen.

During primetime there’s typically 3-5 AVs going. During AV weekend that number soared to 20 open AVs. Its pretty easy to figure out how to “fix” AV.

How is subsidizing alliance losses with bonus honor a “fix”

1 Like

Rep should have always been gained by objectives, and rewarded while the game is being played. The ending rewards and guaranteed mark of honor really screwed up the BG.

Hmm… but it’s not, burning towers/killing lts give a lot of honor rep that just can’t be made up by turtling DB.

1 Like

It does not take the entire alliance team to turtle the bridge. But apparently modern alliance cannot do more than deathball. And how can I forget that despite having the bulk of horde trying to get across the bridge, there are also 40 horde at IWB, 40 at SFGY, 40 at IBGY, and a constant stream of 40 issuing from the cave (that is “right next to IBGY”). (oh, and 40 guarding the “secret valley” where Lok is summoned)

No wonder alliance cannot obtain any objectives, what with a full 40 man raid at each tower, GY, LT, and god summon.

2 Likes

Horde queues for AB/WSG are like a minute during primetime. At best theyre 2 and half hours for AV. During the AV holiday that will drop to just under an hour.

I dont know how many times it has been said ‘the horde are better at ALTERAC VALLEY’ and that being translated as the horde are better, everywhere, when no one has said that.

90-95% win rate = the horde are better…at AV.

1 Like

Horde are better at AV than alliance because the better alliance pvpers avoid it. Most alliance that play AV outside of AV weekend are looking for afk honor gains, rep farm simulator, or are leveling. The good pvp alliance players come back on AV weekend, and that’s when the alliance win rates skyrockets to 40-50%. The normal horde player in AV is better at pvp than the normal alliance player in AV simply because the good alliance players are not there, they are in WSG and AB, which have much more consistently even win rates. And give more honor per hour than AV outside of AV weekend.

1 Like

Right but why doesn’t that translate into WSG/AB. It’s the same player base for all 3 BG’s.

1 Like

But it’s not the same players, you yourself have stated that most of the better alliance players left AV when premades got broken. It’s separate player mindsets that play wsg/ab vs AV.

3 Likes

But it is the same players, at level 60 anyone can queue for any of the BG’s.

1 Like

No, the theme song from NeverEnding Story!

Maybe half give or take a few. From doing so much AV, Ive gotten familiar with many, many names and those regulars are in it to win it but its tough being saddled with so much dead weight.

Edit: Ill even throw in that many of the scabs in AV are rank 11’s 12’s and 13’s wasting everyone’s time either sitting in stealth or sitting on their mounts in HK range but contributing nothing. Lowbies and fresh 60s actually play the bg - they might not want to leave SHGY but theyre actively pvping.

Yeah… the game i played with you in it was pretty rough, would have preferred someone better and more in it to win it.

Not really, regardless of zyrius’ claim, I have never made a blanket statement that alliance are “bad at pvp”. In fact I have been quite clear about my position. It is a bloated and tiresome strawman that zyrius continually trots out, and has ZERO relevance to the topic of AV.

Furthermore,
FACT: less alliance choose PVP servers than they do PVE servers.
FACT: both server types are lumped into the overall BG queue system.

Just because alliance who like to PVP are in AB/WSG does not mean that those types are necessarily in AV. They are apples and oranges BGs, with vastly different durations and queue times.

So yeah, I could give a rat’s buttocks about AB/WSG. The reason I keep posting that 2007 article/quote, is to highlight the irony.

Okay? And what does that have to do with the actual skill level of those who choose to queue for BG’s. Given that alliance does just fine in WSG/AB it doesn’t seem like alliance who want to pvp are actually worse at pvp now does it?

also zyrius:
“alliance serious about pvp are avoiding av”

1 Like

I have never spoken about alliance skill level.

1 Like

Hey you’re the one claiming alliance loss rates in AV are entirely because the alliance players in there suck not me.

[citation still missing]

2 Likes