AV Cave Rez situation

Ok, here are my 2 complaints with this.

First is that mostly affects the start of the BG. Where horde engage the alliance in alliance territory next to a bunker, guards, and LT’s. You’d think having all these NPC’s around would be in favor of alliance but apparently not.

The second is, most of the AV conflict stays beyond Stonhearth and IceWing Bunker. Here the biggest complaint should be Stonehearth is out of the way towards the center and not at a choke. I’m actually BAFFLED when people complain about the map they only talk about the horde start tunnel and not ONCE do you or anyone else talk about how Stonehearth is useless. But that’s fine, you’ve tunnel visioned on one thing and don’t really know that map. That’s cool.

The real argument I will agree with is spawn tunnels should not respawn players AT ALL unless there are no GY’s. This alone would resolve all the “map imbalance” issues that is perceived.

Regardless, horde will still win 95% of AV games because there is no motive for alliance to win with the other factors such as queue times and quality of players.

Moving the tunnel is moot. All it will do is make the alliance wipe even harder in the middle without NPC support. Removing the tunnel respawn will at least force alliance to defend the bridge as they won’t be thrown back into their spawn tunnel where they can happily afk the rest of the match for rep. Alliance will still loose horribly.

The map layout aside Stonehearth bunker’s location plays little impact. Spawning at the entrance tunnel does impact the map, which is more of a Classic WoW AV respawn system is broken – not the map. Alliance still being hot garbage will mean same results and a new excuse such as unable to premade larger than 5 will be the new hotness to complain about.

Its a goddmm BG where you are sent to kill and destroy the other faction as completely as possible. What does that even mean. You are rediculous. If I’m playing Call of Duty and I get rewards for killing the enemy team, even if they’re getting spawn camped, I’m still getting PKs. That is not “ScOrTcHeD EaRtH”. Its called playing the game as its intended and the other team isn’t fighting back you clown.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree scorched earth from horde is a very good tactic.

I’m merely pointing out that when one side has a massive advantage and they drive it home every game the other side will simply stop playing when that is an option. You honestly think horde would still be queuing if they started north and alliance when playing scorched earth every game?

“sCoRcHeD eArF” = playing the BG as intended

Yes, because I don’t play for Rep or Honor. I play to spam Chain Lightning into a crowd with my 700 Spellpower and watch things explode and see if I can rack up more kills than my last record. its called having fun. Alliance don’t pvp for fun.

If I had instant queue times and the bridge for me to defend, all I would do is try to defend an incoming push on the bridge. Don’t threaten me with a good time.

However, alliance want nothing to do with that. Which is why you NEVER see more than like… 2 people defend the bridge.

5 Likes

Not queuing for a BG is also working as intended :slight_smile:

The irony is:

Alliance do not want to turtle, because turtling prolongs games, and with virtually instant queues it is not worth it to them.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you would get bored defending the bridge every game very quickly.

It sounds fun and even is sometime, when it’s every game… not so much.

:thinking:

All I did to get exalted was defend Drek’s room from the Alliance 7 minute rush and turn 10 minute games into 1 hour games that Alliance would AFK out of.

Don’t tell me what I find fun. I’m sorry alliance don’t enjoy mindless pvp for the sake of pvp.

2 Likes

I really doubt you lost every single one of those games :slight_smile:

Not to mention you were choosing to do that vs forced to be stuck defending with no options.

This thread was dead and ready to go the way of the dinosaur, why resurrect it again?

AV is not a race, your point is moot.

Alliance suck at AV most of the time. You can argue it until youre blue in the face, thats not gonna change.

1 Like

In the first two months of AV, we lost nearly every game. Go look up threads when AV came out in classic and all you will find is horde players CRYING about our base being useless because alliance are able to walk in with paladins and kite the Lt’s and instantly pull drek.

As it turns out, the base is useless and the trick was to adapt and wipe the alliance at other chokes before they got there. I choose to be where ever the conflict was, which was just consequently always in the horde base where alliance would rush into without tagging any other objects. Can’t kill players where they aren’t fighting.

So by your logic, we WERE indeed forced to defend unless we wanted a 7 minute loss and a 20 minute queue at the beginning. It was more rewarding for us to TRY to win (usually not) with killing players, and passing in rep items than to counter rush. Despite being close to the center, it took horde longer to get to Stormspike.

What you see now is nearly a flipped situation, minus the queue times. It is better rep and honor for horde to wait 30 minutes with all objects capped and then win. Alliance don’t try to defend because a fast loss is still better than a long win with little to no queue time. There are major motivational issues with alliance. Winning is losing, and losing fast is winning big.

1 Like

Yes and blizzard broke premading.

A change that should have happened. Just like changing the cave rez should also happen as it’s also a legitimate issue.

Very hypocritical to be okay with the change that favors horde but deny that a change that would help alliance(and was also implemented eventually in retail) isn’t needed.

Premading was broken because just in case you conviently forgot – Alliance premades would join an AV, then MASS REPORT ALLIANCE PUGS forcing them out of the instance with a coward penalty so their buddies could join that same AV.

You should thank alliance premades greifing other alliance with the busted af player report system in Classic. Also, thank Bobby K for letting go a huge number of CS staff so we have rediculous systems like automated reporting that are just ripe for abuse. I fully expect this same report feature to be abused in TBC arenas as well.

Really, I’ll agree. Acti/Blizz shouldn’t have remove premading. They should have just issued warnings on players mass abusing the player report feature – or better yet have GM’s instead of a lazy and abusable automated report feature.

You assumed blatantly without evidence I was ok with many of the meta changes in Classic. I am not. I think almost all these little changes have indeed hurt the game.

2 Likes

Okay so your position is that blizzard should revoke all the changes to AV and alliance should be able to premade again?

Yes.

Give us the old school version of AV where neither side can rush and have to deal with land mines.

This WILL slow down rep gains, but lead to longer tug of war style games.

Allow people to premade AV. Or don’t. I don’t care. The bigger issue is removing the automated report system. If there were actual GM’s in the game removing AFK bots, and moderating the game most issues plaguing Classic WoW would be gone.

Imagine an AV where all 40 players on each side were actually playing the game. I’m sure you as Alliance would love to remove the 20+ players afk in a cave and actually be able to push to the horde base.

Except this was proven wrong in Korrak’s revenge, zerging is just as possible with the land mines and extra npc’s.

If alliance ever had more than a handful of AFK’s or even more AFK’s than horde did I would love to. But they don’t so that’s a non issue.

Zir never did AV on a sunday or monday when its AB/WSG weekend I guess. Double digit AFKs and sub 60s for every game.

One of the funniest things I saw yesterday, outside of a cubby team being burned down to a man (30+players lol) by LOS’d horde mages without moving at all, was when I was checking the scoreboard and saw our top 2 HK leaders with 0 KBs 0 Deaths and 101 HKs. The next highest person had 84 HKs - since they had died and had to wait for a rez they missed out on some.

So our stealthy rank 12s in AV have perfected the art of hiding in just the right spots for max HK farming without getting caught.

1 Like

It’s more that I don’t lie about how many AFK’s there are :slight_smile:

Im in AV 2 as we speak. Whole team is talking about the 20 AFKs we got, most of which are in the cave. /shrug

Id post screenshots like Red did but who cares? Not me.

Edit: theyre even crap talking us and telling them to vote them out and loling cuz it never happens hahaha

2 Likes