Automated Responses

True. Especially babies. Dangling cord, pull, and modem falls off table. I thankfully didn’t have that issue with my last cat. She was very well mannered. She batted at one cable the entire time I had her. And that was because I was picking up a dead monitor to drag it over to a box. So of course a cable was dangling down. Of course she’s going to bat at something swinging in the air.

1 Like

Austin in a very liberal city. Signed a texan.

Also shouldn’t you be defending broken parts of the forum that theyll fix a year later?

I never said any of this. Or any variation of it.

What I said was (and I quote):

So you were just making it up.

And you are unaware that lazy and bitter people exist. And lazy and bitter people can be created by a poor work environment which can make it pervasive.

I am not saying this is what is happening but I am pointing out your narrow experience and description of ‘how normal human function’ is not only not evidence but deficient and lacking in awareness.

So I actually made it very clear I was not saying they were lazy and bitter.

And trying to reframe the discussion does not negate my point, it just highlights your inabillity to argue your side because you made it up.

if u submit a lotta ticket , u evenshalee get the anser u want

I miss the days when you where on and the GMs actually messaged you and talked to you personally

Yeah… I do hate when that happens.

Often times I find I need to re-open my ticket 1-2 times before seemingly getting a GM who reads my issue. It is very frustrating and I can’t imagine it’s cost effective either.

Granted, I have not really opened many tickets in recent times but most the tickets I have opened (not all) I have had to mark as unresolved and re-open because I get some generic copy-paste response that at times were seemingly detached from the entire issue at hand.

I also hate that I can stay online for 4-6 hours, never get a GM reply, only to log off and switch a character or take a bathroom break and in that tiny window they have left a response and as such I missed getting to actually talk to the person.

The request to duel the GM, lol, nice. There’s a bad part of me that would have enjoyed seeing the GM put a free-for-all pvp tag on that player and a bounty :upside_down_face:

This would make sense as I believe most of their customer service folks are in Texas.

1 Like

Hahahaha. Niiice!

1 Like

Didn’t they just recently fire or at least let off a ton of customer Service employees so the Activision CEO can take a big fat bonus for himself?

I think you misunderstand what GMs are supposed to do these days. They don’t talk to you unless they think they need more information or need to log in to your account. That is rare because the tools they have are dramatically different than they used to be.

This falls into the ongoing issue of players being disappointed because they have expectations that don’t match the current system.

No. In 2012 they laid off 600 CS folks. Many were re-hired eventually as Blizz rolled out more games.

The 2019 layoffs of about 800 did not include CS. It was mostly front facing folks that handle marketing and related operations. They were not going to have many releases that year so felt they should concentrate on development instead.

The folks laid off were Community Managers like our Ythisens, Publishing, Marketing, product design, esports, and some QA.

Of course now they need those people again and don’t have them. Maybe they should have thought about that ahead of time! It sucks to have friends laid off only to see adverts for their job positions 7 months later.

blizzard hated this post so much, i just gave it a heart and was told to wait 5 hours before i can heart another post. last time i hearted was 15 or so hours ago GG blizzard

That’s an entirely fair point. Expectations based off of how things were handled in the past certainly influence the current expectations of how the systems work.

If the system as a whole, the process, has changed then so be it. I would however argue that, again, past experience is what dictates my perception and expectations in situations like this.

1 Like

No sweetheart in India and China now. They sacked like 800 workers about 1 year ago. Probably from Texas.

I’d love to see your sources as the employees affected by the Feb 2019 layoffs were from all the Activision companies, not just Blizzard.

Okay I’ll tell you what my ticket was about.

I created a mage just recently and used my 110 boost on it, about a week later my guild decided it wants to move off the dead realm we were on. So I requested a GM to undo my boost as I hadnt used the toon and didnt want it to waste it on a dead realm i wouldnt be playing on.

I know for a fact this can be undone, problem is the GM decides to hit me with a wall of copy paste, when i reopen the ticket to ask again i get told they cant do it because i created the toon back in 2019???

What he was actually seeing was the date i had received the 110 boost token and not the toon. My GM experience just felt hostile like all they wanted to do was hurry up and end the ticket.