Authenticator... Who thought this was a good idea?

Who said I don’t enjoy WoW? I happen to love this game, however, I am not happy about the feature change or the seemingly chauvinism of some of the recent changes so I am choosing to move on. What I do with the sub that I pay for is my business. I can post on here all day if I choose.

You make many assumptions in your arrogance.

Why would I “hold my tongue”? Your ego is little to no concern of mine.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s about what I expected. I guess it falls to me, then.

If it’s not too presumptuous, I’ll just wish you a good night.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is what you expected when you stopped everything to initiate this conversation with a snarky response to my post, called me names, then proceeded to assume that I hate the game while telling me what I should be doing with the time remaining on my purchase.

1 Like

Playing the “Lol umad” card really doesn’t work when you’re the one who was crying about having to set up an authenticator.

This, from the same person that equated a life-saving device to an authenticator, used purely for recreational pleasure.

Go touch the grass.

1 Like

Good job flagging this as spam folks. :man_facepalming:

Just remember, everything you don’t like and don’t agree with you should flag!

3 Likes

Regardless of what it’s used for, WoW is still something you have financial investment in. Personally I like to protect my investments. Especially if I would rather not have strangers spend my Blizzard wallet without my approval.

Plus if you reuse the credentials for other less recreational things, you can land in a pretty rough spot if they get compromised.

I’m just saying, Blizzard’s authentication app is actually one of the less intrusive ones I’ve seen and it doesn’t cost anything extra to use. I guess I’m just not sure what your resistance is about. It doesn’t make daily game playing any different than it usually is.

1 Like

Um, Gallywix was not a single player. How do you know those players was HWID banned? Blizzard broke up the organization and suspended the key players. There is no documentation that Blizzard ever used a HWID ban. If there is, please show it.

Also, Most of the Gallywix players/spammers moved on and formed Houkan (or what ever it spelled). The rest, changed their methods and only deal via their discord. And the people that ran the whole show, they are back playing the game.

The ONLY time hardware bans are effective is if the platform doesn’t change (for example XBox, Playstation and Nintendo). I can put in a .50 cent 256 mb thumbdrive and circumvent a PC Hardware ban. PLUS, there are stuff to spoof HWIDs. Another method of defeating a HWID ban… move your memory sticks to other slots.

From all indications sir, you are talking through your hat.

1 Like

Sure. Now that only blizzard approved advertisements verified by authenticators are in the group finder, all’s well with you and azeroth, right?

1 Like

That was a targeted ban, not a hardware ban. They basically took aim at an organization. Blizzard to date has not disclosed whether or not the Gallywix ban was one done on the hardware level.

Wow, so every character I’ve encountered in the ‘dead game’ are sellers huh? Guess I need to go tell all the roleplayers on my realm that the gig is up, they’ve been caught out by the great Niu who has declared that they’re all sellers trying to make the game worse.

The game isn’t dead. You just think it is. And that’s fine. It’s okay to be wrong.

Yes, it’s just to punish you. The devs sat around thought, ‘damn, how can we mess with Adroi over on Tich, I know, Autheticator!’
What did you do to piss the devs off so much?
Why are they punishing you?

Having an issue right now trying to verify my mobile number with this jenked up garbage system that doesn’t even work.

2 Likes

Shaming much! just sounds like it?

Who thought this was a good idea?

Me

Yes, having friends isn’t the smartest choice. You shouldn’t waste your time like that.