Authenticator... Who thought this was a good idea?

I’m sitting in a group right now with a friend. He just came back. We are trying to play the game. We are trying to run a +0 on some alts. We are trying to enjoy the day.

What is going on? Who is making these decisions? Who thought this was a good idea? I though it only prevented you from changing the title? I can’t even list a dungeon? What am I missing? Why are you making this requirement?

16 Likes

Friend just logged off. This is so stupid.

7 Likes

Guess we’re going to be getting 10+ threads on authenticators everyday now.

19 Likes

They made it to reduce the amount of sell runs in the lfg.
You should be able to list a group if you have a basic authenticator but you need the sms protect to change the title etc

4 Likes

If only a single word of this was true. You most certainly can list groups. As a matter of fact, you aren’t prevented from enjoying a single bit of content. The only thing you can’t do is add custom text when listing a dungeon or a raid. Key level, etc. you can list as it’s in drop downs.

5 Likes

In the time it took you to make this crying thread, you could have set up your authenticator

14 Likes

There shouldn’t be any requirement. They should just police the garbage lfg system. We report these accounts and they don’t do jack and now they are ruining the game.

My friend just logged. This is so dumb. Been months since we have played and now we can’t. This is unacceptable. Trash company.

6 Likes

The decision-making process:

Employee #1: “Do we need to do research on this.?”
Employee #2: “No. Everybody has a smartphone. EZ peazy.”

13 Likes

General Discussion, for years: “I can’t possibly list my own group, that’s unthinkable.”

General Discussion, this past week: “Why can’t I list my own group? This is the end of the world.”

16 Likes

I don’t need or want it. Never needed it. Why defend this garbage? 13-14 years playing and I didn’t need it.

8 Likes

Than don’t get it, it’s not MANDATORY to do anything.

2 Likes

They tried that. It was like playing whack-a-mole.

Eventually they realized that more significant steps were necessary, because it’s almost impossible to destroy the supply of something when there’s a demand for it.

Which of these groups did you want to force out of the game? People who have never wanted to start their own groups or those who always have but no longer can?

8 Likes

My friend is looking into it. It’s not working.

1 Like

Better account security and less bot spam. Win win.

3 Likes

Look bud. I’m in LFG right now and it won’t let me start a group. I can’t list. It won’t let me enter a title.

3 Likes

And yet I have never needed it. So punish me? Why not actually do something with the reports??? We report those accounts and they didn’t do jack.

1 Like

Nope. If you reported a listing today, the ad was still up tomorrow, same lister so obviously a bot if they’re up 24/7. Nothing was done. Ads containing links to RMT websites were never removed.

3 Likes

You’re not being punished you can still use LFG

I literally can’t. I’m on the screen right now. I cannot start a group.

2 Likes