Authenticator Issue

I had an physical authenticator, it was lost and I successfully switched it to the authenticator app; well at least I think I did.

From the Blizzard launcher application, the system successfully prompts me to approve access on my phone app. However, when I try and log in from the BFA launch screen (the one with the Horde and Alliance helmets and banners), it asks me to enter an authenticator number (like it is expecting me to have a physical authenticator). Also when I went to Blizzard Account/Security/Blizzard Authenticator/Get Restore Code, it prompted me to enter an authenticator number, I had to use SMS to retrieve the Restore Code. This seems wrong. Please advise, is my account configured correctly? or what should I enter when when prompted to enter an authenticator code?

There is some information on how the phone app works.

The authenticator app on your phone should be popping open with either that number, a button to click authorize or both.

Thanks everyone for the response.

I was expecting the phone app to buzz and prompt me to approve. I did not even know it could generate a number. I found how to do this, Thanks so much everyone.