Authenticator and listing groups

Good morning. I can’t seem to figure out how to regain my ability to list groups in group finder. I had one of the dinosaur physical authenticators all these years. I have successfully converted to the phone app and that authenticator. I have logged off and back in both the website and the Bnet app, and I have restarted the game, but I still can’t list in LFG. Help!

Sorry for the confusion, Slade. You need to have an Authenticator and Blizzard Phone Notifications active for that option to be available.

More information on Blizzard Phone Noficiations, previously known as SMS Protect, can be found here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/26824

3 Likes

I keep getting a “Security verification expired. Please start over.” message when I follow the add blizzard phone notifications link to add a phone number, which my account already has.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and it’s fairly inconvenient and time consuming. Has made me stop playing tbh. I am not receiving the text messages to setup the authenticator therefore I have been forced to contact customer support so I’m in that nearly endless cycle atm so far has been a 2 day process. :upside_down_face:

Tickets are answered in the order that they are received. With the .5 patch things are probably taking a bit longer than usual. When you submit your ticket? Did you receive a ticket number? (Always good to ask, because without that number, it means your ticket didn’t go through. Which would be why you’ve not gotten a response as yet.)

Also, sometimes some phone numbers and plans are not comparable with their system and there just isn’t a resolution. I don’t know that that is the case for you, but it’s something to keep in mind. Unfortunately, this is a necessary step they needed to take to try and combat some of the botting and whatnot that is so pervasive. There isn’t a perfect response, but as with most things, there are sometimes innocent ‘casualties’, as it were. It isn’t game-breaking if you cannot do customization to your group, though it is inconvenient.

I do hope though, that it isn’t the case of incompatible service/number, and they’re able to get you helped.

3 Likes

Any word on players not being able to ‘list group’ for their own keystones?

Oh, goodness. This is very old and not about the current issue. I’m going close this one, but I’ll post in the following thread in a moment:

3 Likes