Authentication to queue for M+

Yep. Just like the bots. When policies aren’t enforced, they’re flaunted.

Start permabanning carriers and bots, suing the companies. Penalize those buying carries. Quit forcing unnecessary BS on normal players. imo

2 Likes

there should be at least some auto generated options to choose in the description.

basic things like “LF” “class” “spec”

2 Likes

They continued non stop for a year with the restrictions in place.

The adds disappeared with the release of Dragon isles.

Whatever it is that actually got the adds out of LFG it’s very unlikely it was the authenticator.

1 Like

Idk when the authentication was implemented, but yes, M+ is extremely clean of the advertisements since DF. I know I relentlessly complained that the report advertisement option did nothing to cut them out.

i literally explained why I cant use it…

Also the sellers still use it, for me there isnt any benefict and only makes my time worse to make a group! I shouldnt be penalized for this, i also pay to play this game!

2 Likes

I have been posting/reposting about this since it was introduced in the PTR back in SL.

Very much agree. Feels like a blatant scumbag tactic to get my personal information that I should absolutely not be required to divulge for access to core functionality in a game I pay for. Pretty gross imo to gatekeep basic game function unless I give up personal info. I don’t want sms notifications from Blizzard. Being told YOU CANNOT USE THIS FUNCTION in a game I pay a monthly sub for feels dodgy, real dodgy.

I’m on OCE, I want to be transparent and advertise my groups as OCE so other players in my region, or players willing to deal with some latency apply. Without the ability to inform players that I am OCE, people join the group, see my Frostmourne server and just leave. Or worse, get into the dungeon, find they’re getting lag, realize they’re on OCE and then leave. Wasting a bunch of peoples time.

I don’t think there’s any valid excuse to deny a basic game function to a paying subscriber. That’s not fair play to deny. It impacts gameplay and contributes to toxicity/group abandonement. I don’t want to use the authenticator or sms nonsense. I pay my sub, I should not be denied basic game functionality.

4 Likes

A feature so core, it wasn’t added until warlords of draenor…

1 Like

Authenticators are about reducing the number of vandalized accounts. They target end game players with heavier handed authentication prods because end game players have more complicated and more valuable accounts. Unsecured accounts are trivial to break into, and it has become a terminal wasting disease for every digital company.

1 Like

the us law has no legal reach in china…

It’s understandable that players would want to have more control over the M+ groups they join, but the authentication system is in place for a reason. It helps to ensure that players are actually located in the region they are playing in, which can help reduce latency and improve the overall gameplay experience.

However, if players are experiencing issues with the authentication system, it may be worth reaching out to Blizzard customer support for assistance. They may be able to offer solutions or help resolve any issues you may be experiencing. Alternatively, you can try looking for groups through in-game chat channels or using third-party websites or forums to find players to join your M+ runs with.

Even though there’s still some around…

1 Like

As a programmer I cant get into anything without an authenticator. One day you will need it to go to the bathroom

Yeah except it is typically protecting something important. Not just some rng text in a video games GF.

You also wouldn’t make it “optional” save for said rng text.

1 Like

Today I reported a few M+ sellers advertising for websites, something that “this” security authentication should prevent!

Not only there is ways to bypass it, it also causes problems for those players that’s can’t use it. I can’t use it, because I am playing here and I am from Europe. I Am not gonna leave for eu servers, my friends are here!

I should be able to keep playing the game like I did so far! Without anything hindering my access to the current content, this never happened before.

I am actually one of the few players that used authentication back from wrath till Legion when you receive a random code on your physical authentication.

2 Likes

After getting hacked, I will never not use an authenticator.

Does the andoid or chrome authenticator work OK.

I have two accounts and one is tied to my phone, but it won’t let me use the bliz authenticator for both accounts.

It isn’t just the authentication causing issues, it’s also the SMS.

I thought long and hard, websites always want your phone # and claim it makes it more secure, but I think it makes it LESS secure.

Take Amazon for example; you can use your # as your login name, then do the PW. A lot of your friends/family know your cell #, and if they know you and your PW is too weak, could easily guess it.

I don’t ever link my phone #, because for logging in I use a email that NOBODY knows, so therefore nobody knows my login information.

I think SMS/giving away your phone number is a security risk, not a benefit.

1 Like

The last time blizz support has helped anyone outside of an automated system capacity was like 2010….

Got literally any legitimate issue that shouldn’t be happening? Tough luck here are a million and one ways for a service rep to tell you no.

1 Like

You can queue without authenticator. Stop being a troll.