Authentic Experience vs. 1.12 data

Ahhh, yes; your true self arises. You’re using authenticity as an excuse to buff the content because you want it to be difficult, not authentic.

It’s not happening, if you want Vanilla raids tuned upwards in difficulty, you can get that right now.

I understand what hes trying to say. I even understand why hes trying to say it. I also dont think blizzard would have much problem putting a small bump to stats for bosses to make it a little more like launch. However, i think the conflict he creates between the bullet points is incorrect. One of the pillars keeps them from becoming muddled in the feelings of the players. The other tries to make sure that we get the best experience possible with the information we have. Every case we reported in the beta that was talked about on the forums was refrenced against the Client to make sure it was working as intended for the 1.12 client.

To that end thats what we are getting. While it sounds like no changes, its actually just thinking about the rules the developers set up for themselves and how we have gotten feedback aligns to them.

Though i would be the first hypocrite when it comes to TBC and taking out the Epic Key Quest Chain at the start of the game saying that its not authentic to TBC at all to have no Key quest for atleast half the expansion.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing here, other then to just pick apart what I’d like to see in a game I love. The whole basis for this thread was to bring to discussion a small particular scope, that could easily be changed for the sake of being more authentic starting out.

If 1.12 made the raids more difficult, would you be here arguing for them to be easier?

Not gonna answer, as its not the case. Hypotheticals to bait me into something you could call me a hypocrite over. Now that I know you’re nature I’ll be moving on.

I think this is smart, and philosophically sound, but not something that needs to be set in stone. My fear is, that guilds and raids put in effort to get to, and down Ragnoras will be feeling a bit empty because the content is nerfed, and the patch nerfs it more in the other direction. Will these guilds be excited for BWL and AQ40?

Of course you wouldn’t answer as I’ve just called you out on your true motives. You only care about “authenticity” when it’ll bring more difficulty to the parts of the game you enjoy.

Unfortunately for you, this proposal has virtually 0% chance of being entertained by Blizzard. You’d know this if you didn’t outright ignore everything posted by them about Classic.

/thread.

1 Like

See but the thing is authentic experience is different for every single person.

If anything 1.12 would be the most authentic as the game was only ever growing, it’s a point in the games history that factually was played through by a majority of the overall playerbase.

If they don’t have the actual data, no matter who you pick to get the “feel” right of what ever difference and difficulty you are looking for, it’s going to be wrong 100% of time.

I vote we undo the 1.12 change that nerfed stacking threat reducers, in order to get the true authentic pre-1.10 threat experience.

2 Likes

To be honest i think it really depends on what kind of guild your going to be with overall. Towards the end of Vanilla i joined up with some friends that were doing ZG and MC. The tank was geared basically through AQ40 and some of the other officers were up there in gear Full T2 and some AQ40 stuff as well. The rest of the people were not that advanced. As a note when we cleared things first on the server in TBC it was the running joke “Months Behind!”. I digress, still with ZG gear and blues they still had trouble over coming Rag every week and though we made a few forays into BWL even by then with many people running MC gear. It just wasnt ment to be.

While that is the round about story way of saying that i think there will be challenges of all kinds. Sadly i think MC is going to turn out to be like Naxx in Wrath for many people. Over to quickly. Even BWL may fall to quickly for the upper 20-30%. Still that leaves a HUGE portion of the player base that i think is going to have to learn what it is to mange mana and aggro. You may have a BIS list on your favorites but there is so much more to raids for the standard player.

1 Like

1.12 is as authentic as you can get. When Blizzard launched new servers throughout vanilla, they launched on the current content patch, they didn’t start on patch 1.1.

People wanting to experience wow as it was in 2004 when it launched will never be able to do so. Even if they were able to go back in time, they would still have knowledge that we did not have back then.

just like they would have if they made an alt. are alts not a part of the true vanilla experience?

That would be like doing an icecrown citadel world race with the full 30% buff on right from the start… people need to stop with the handholding already

I totally agree with everything you’ve said, save your last line. You can under estimate for both instances and arrive at a place that would “feel” closer to 100%, for everyone. Which IMO would be better for classic overall, in phase 1. A lot of players will be playing Classic to kill Rag for the first time, it being undertuned could be damaging for the game over all. Just my opinion though

1 Like

Never said they weren’t, not sure of your meaning here.

alts have all the knowledge of their main playthrough, the magic first expereience playthrough is gone by that point, you could never replay vanilla back in 2004 if that’s all it took

That interview was great because it really dispels the notion that Vanilla raiders were noobs. These guys were EQ raiders writing their own add-ons for guild use in the raids.

BWL was notable because it was never on a PTR, meaning guilds had to parse their combat logs to figure out what the fights were about.

1 Like

also, most people didn’t play in 2004. 1.12 has been done to death over the years, that’s the one most memories come from. 1.1 would be like a brand new experience for almost everyone, it really would be much more an authentic vanilla experience to undo all the changes most people don’t even remember were done.

I wonder how true that is actually.
Because humans make errors not computers.

Someone playing an alt in 04-06 is still a player from 04-06. You can’t compare playing an alt 15 years ago to replaying a 15 year old game. When I was leveling my alt back then we were still getting new patches, new content, new talent updates. Just because I leveled a main to 60 does not mean that I quit experiencing new things.

In 2019, we know everything (or close to everything). If they started at patch 1.1, we would know every single patch, what was coming and when it was coming. We did not know that back then. Raids took months to clear because we had to learn the fights. Now we know the fights and they will be cleared the week they launch (minus MC/Ony, and Naxx will probably still take some time just due to difficulty).

I actually am one of those people and let me tell you I cannot wait for my first raid. It’s probably one of the things I’m actually looking forward to experiencing the most.

I’d rather have that experience be an actual recreation from Blizzard and not based on “our testers think this feels as difficult as 1.1 MC.”

I see what your saying but in regards to how it relates to vanilla, no correlation.

The direction Wrath was going wasn’t the same as Vanilla.

The farther you go back the less data they have and the more the game strays away from something it actually was to something it wasn’t.

I honestly would love if they could recreate it patch for patch but that is something they said they can’t do.

1 Like