Augmentation viable for random BG/s?

Havent had a chance to try augmentation, but since random bgs are going to be the focus next xpac for pvp, can augmentation bring anything to a group besides healing. I know virtually nothing about the spec.

Yes, they can.

I’m not a pvper so some of those guys can pitch in, but augs damage is buffed in pvp to my understanding, as well as you having a primary stat, crit, and big vers buff for your team (not sure if/how it’s scaled in pvp.

You can also use rescue offensively if you talent into it, and you can use breath to create a los wall (also a talent, not sure if it’s always taken).

At any rate, I’m sure someone more qualified will pitch in but it’s definitely not powerful just because of any heals they may bring.

Yes it works. I have my Aug at 1900 MMR in Blitz, you need to think like a jack of all trades.

One, keep deep breath over breath of aeons. Aeons only does bonus damage from those with ebon might and there’s little to no coordination in blitz. You’ll get more out of the upfront damage of deep than hoping those with ebon might are hitting the right targets.

Your burst is ebon might, breath, spam erruption. It’s not as quick as other classes, it’s not available as often, but that’s your big damage window.

Prescience is double in PVP, +6% crit instead of +3%. Even with the current prescience tier set, it’s debatable if the talent is worth it.

Make liberal use of Rescue and Blistering Scales to shield allies.

Wing buffet & tail swipe are AoE interrupts to disrupt objectives. You do not have an easy AoE damage spell to spam like Dev’s Pyre.

Swoop Up is a PVP talent to Anti-rescue. Treat it like a DK’s death grip, bring in a priority target.

There is a PvP talent to cause Deep Breath/Breath of Aeons to create a wall that breaks line of sight and causes damage to enemies to walk through it. IT’S BUGGED. It’s only supposed to block vision of enemies, but it currently also blocks vision of allies. Used to be great in shuffle but currently it’s a liability.