Augmentation NEEDS to function on meters

Just looking for others opinions on this as well.

I just hit 3k IO on aug and I just feel like the spec itself feels like garbage.

Any spec that isnt able to be shown properly on meters is going to feel like trash. No one in the group actually knows if you are providing the value you should. And you spec depends on others to push buttons correctly.

Im all for support specs in wow but with how the game has been played for the last 10 years having no info on whats happening isnt good. It just makes me wonder if I could have done something differently.

And with how little people are playing this season it just makes me wonder if this was the right move. Makes it feel like the spec was pushed out early. And the tuning to it and mage has made no difference. Blizz is just out of touch.

1 Like

Felt more like it was pushed out late, because they ran out of time in the beta and had to make their release dates.

warcraftlogs is doing this, it’ll be out soon enough.

They’re making their own damage meters that will “correctly” show aug dmg.

I haven’t played Aug, but I can absolutely see the ddifference between an aug in group and one without. It’s VERY noticeable.

It would of course be nice for the aug themselves to see it, like a 70k (+20k) sort of number where the parenthetical numbers indicate the damage amplified by the aug.

Yeah playing Aug is free 3k congrats bro

2 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t make the meters

1 Like

That seems like an addon authors’ problem, not a Blizzard problem.

2 Likes

I believe the guy who made Details said that while he could do it, it’ll slow down the game immensely if the addon has to do the computations dynamically. We’re talking a bigger hit to performance than maxing the visual graphics does.

1 Like

Yeah no.
If you’re doing any kind of content where it matters, the people in the group will know what your contribution is.
Warlogs shows all the data you’re talking about anyways.

For those curious on that

What’s going to be interesting is if they develop any kind of meter functionality to track how effective an Augvoker is at maintaining ebon might and slaps with breath.
Personal rating and dps meters for Aug don’t really reflect the player as much as the group?