Audio Issues - Can't hear others sounds effects

Same issue here and i never noticed untill i read this thread, but i just went into game and i cant hear other peoples attacks. I can hear their pets and their toys and their buffs and even their emotes, but not their attacks. Only in dungeons or raids.

I literally cannot hear any of those things.

It’s like I’m playing the dungeon solo and it ruins the game.

6 months of reporting the issue and making tickets and it doesn’t even appear on the known bug list.

Well ya when youre fighting its the mobs sounds, my characters sounds, the mobs yelling stuff, dbm sounds, the gtfo alarm that never stops cause im always standing in bad… but i dont hear the healers spells, anyone taking damage, nobody elses attacks or weapon sounds.

Honestly the last time i remeber hearing other characters sounds in dungeons or raids was bfa.

If someone /lol i can hear that, i can hear the pet from icc that yells bladestorm, if someone drops a toy that makes noise i can hear that.

1 Like

i’m experiencing something similar but is like distance sound option on but is not. is hard to play. the sound is messed up hard…

I brought this up in raid tonight and nobody could hear anyone elses sounds, nobody ever noticed untill i said something. That was 15 people.

When was the last time you heard a druid healers lifebloom pop in a dungeon or raid? This bothers me now.

2 Likes

It doesn’t just bother me, it actively makes me not want to play the game. I unsubbed for like 3 months because of this. I resubbed when I built my new PC hoping it would fix it.

It didn’t.

I don’t understand. How is this even a thing?

It happens to same to me, I’ve tried everything but still can’t hear others abilities while in a dungeon or raid.

I’m seeing some weird things in those reports. You’re using the GPU driver and possibly a second monitor? However, the Windows Display Driver is showing up instead of the nVidia one, and it’s also reporting an immediate error.

Display Tab 3: There is a problem with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device. For more information, search for ‘graphics device driver error code 31’

Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)

Driver Date/Size: 6/20/2006 6:00:00 PM, 94208 bytes

Second, are you using any headset or secondary speakers? Perhaps the surfacebook doesn’t have enough channels for game sound?

Sound Devices
Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (2- Realtek(R) Audio)

Yes, I have 2 monitors. Not sure what the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter would be. I’ve updated all the chipset drivers and have not had any video related issues at all, the pc is brand new. I believe those are the “basic” drivers to connect to displays for generic plug and play devices, as far as what I could find from a brief google search.

I’m using Speakers, not audio from my monitor, and not a headset either. Speakers are Edifier M601DB model. They are the only audio source I have enabled. They are the Digital Audio Realtek audio source showing up in the Sound Devices tab.

Driver Date is 9/27/2022 Version 10.0.22621.608 which is the latest available version.
I am on a desktop computer, before this I was also on a desktop, I’ve never used a Surfacebook before not sure where that came from?

Thank you for helping, appreciate it.

What audio driver are you using? Do you have sound in game? I will try to use the same audio driver and see if it works for me??

For what its worth I looked into this today and I believe its the game and there is probably nothing you can do on your end to fix it.

I could be wrong, but everyone I asked today couldnt hear other peoples sounds. Even if they said yes initially I was all ‘so you can hear when I do this?’ and whatever I did they couldnt hear it. Swipe, buff, heal, whatever, didnt matter.

For whatever reason people just dont notice. Probably because it all still works in the open world.

There are times when i think i hear someones abilitys really quiet like theyre far away but it doesnt last more than a couple seconds.

1 Like

happens to me before and fix itself. but now im having different sound problems like sourround effect and drive me crazy xD.

The second monitor isn’t plugged into the GPU? It’s plugged into a motherboard port for an integrated GPU?

These are not appearing in your DxDiag. How are they connected to the PC? Google seems to think they are Bluetooth. If that’s the case, they may not have enough sound channels for the game.

That’s the driver your second monitor is using instead of the GPU.

I have sound everywhere, but I’m using a USB headset not speakers because I use Discord at the same time and don’t want a horrid feedback loop.

Here is how my audio devices look in my DxDiag:

Sound Devices
-------------
            Description: Headset (Logitech Wireless Headset)
 Default Sound Playback: Yes
 Default Voice Playback: Yes

And I also have an entry for the headset in my input devices. Your speakers aren’t appearing anywhere.

They are both plugged into the GPU.

They are plugged in via Optical Cable, have also tried traditional 3.5mm aux and it has no different.

The speakers are the

Sound Devices
Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (2- Realtek(R) Audio)

start to happen to me now as well. cant hear de audio effect of the players inside of the raid. outside is fine but with a sourround effect… this is very rare bug.

1 Like

That’s most likely the issue related to spatial sound settings within Windows that I had previously mentioned.

I highly suggest checking my link within this topic. I had the issue myself some time ago. The steps I mentioned are what fixed it for me, and it would seem quite a few others as well.

win 10 and im using voicemeter banana.

Sure would be nice to have sound.

Did you follow the steps in Lilus’ reply?

1 Like

i do but. all the sound effects are off.

edit: today the sound was perfectly fine again and when the servers goes offline and we cant log in again. when i back to the game… the sound is a mess… now sometimes dont detect my sound drivers…

This issue is INFURIATING. The fact that Blizzard isn’t even responding to this massive thread says a lot.

1 Like