Audio Book Suggestions?

Im a big reader, all my life. Never finished an audio book. But Im about to start traveling a lot for work and will have a lot of time in car and on plane and Id like to give them a shot.

I generally enjoy non-fiction and fantasy. Not much for crime dramas or cheesy scifi. I love thought provoking stuff. Can anyone suggest a few or even one audio book to sink my teeth (ears?) into?

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
Its about 80 hours long

Its the perfect blend of fiction and philosophy. Takes place in fictional america during the industrial revolution and follows executives and giants of the steel and railway industry. Very diverse characters and the author goes in depth with each character’s view and philosophy. “Who is john galt?”

80,000 miles under the sea - Jules Verne

1 Like

Sometimes the narrator is more important than the book. i recommend anything narrated by Frank Muller.
He’s narrated lots of different genres.

2 Likes

Agreed, shame he died. Grover Gardner is great too!

1 Like

Yeah, he didnt get to finish the Dark Tower =(
Not to take anything away from George Guidall who stepped in to finish the series. He is great too.

1 Like

Roy Dotrice has to be the worst. Have you ever listened to him attempt to read a book?

1 Like

Roy did the GoT books. every voice sounded the same. =(

Grover though, he narrated The Stand, and did a great job.

Dotrice ruined GoTs audiobook. Petyr was pronounced Peetire. His Grand Maester Pycelle voice was like he had…well I can’t say but it was a disgusting sound. He single handedly ruined that series IMO.

The Expeditionary Force series is entertaining, and the narrator is R.C. Bray, who is fantastic.

The two audio book series I have been enjoying the most are:

The spell monger series
The nightlord series

The audio book full cast version of World War Z is pretty awesome. a full cast of whos who in hollywood make the story shine.