Audacity talent

Audacity should have hidden opportunity baked into it and moved to capstone

Thanks for attention to this matter.

1 Like

That sounds reasonable but there are some people that like Hidden Opportunity without Audacity.

But I do agree most people that pick up Hidden Opportunity end up picking up Audacity as well in this expansion.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

Well with the patch notes and the changes to both audacity and hidden opportunity, that play style will be competitive.

1 Like

Yes they buffed both Audacity and Hidden Opportunity but that also closes the door for merging the two talents.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

14% behind in st. i wouldnt call that viable or competitive tbh

1 Like

For PVP it has been competitive for a while now but for PVE the gap will close most likely with final DPS tuning.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

Now they just need to let audacity stack ambushes 2 deep.

I wouldn’t say competitve, maybe an alternative.

The problem is that its resource/energy intensive when Fan the Hammer is a cheaper 4-point generator using Sinister Strike as the cap filler.

What would happen is that Ambush would become your primary combo point generator with Opportunity filling the cap; which is a proc > proc > Six combo points.

It makes you want to drop Fan the Hammer, and I don’t know how I feel about that.

You could tweak the tree enough to make Ambush hit like a truck, but the downside is that it would hit as often and would probably lose to Fan the Hammer in longer, single target fights.

I have been playing audacity/ HO and you definitely do not want to drop fan the hammer. The build just plays so smoothly. PvP wise.

2 Likes

Been tinkering around with Audacity/HO more indepth and managed to make them ‘work’ (as in hitting combo point cap without going over) and, this is on live, it’s 10% less damage than simply omitting them.

Since Ambush/Killing Spree are getting buffed along with Audacity/HO, that number should narrow, but again, I’m not holding out hope that it’s anywhere near competitive.

I can see Ambush being great for low health pools, but it just loses steam the more health you have to chew through.

1 Like