Auction house

So are you saying the update is completely pointless? You are claiming that nothing has changed.

I’ve sold some bags but that’s it. Potions are still getting ‘lost in the mail.’ So I’m kinda nervous to sell anything TBH.

1 Like

Say wut. How were these people forced to buy said stacks?

1 Like

My items sell. I’m happy. No effect

If that’s your level of critical thinking, I can definitely see why’d you be happy with the new system.

What more would anyone want? I sell quick. I buy quick. Or are you one of those ppl who want to make $ on the AH by playing the AH?

1 Like

Blizzard did the update mostly for themselves. Any benefits advertised were really so that people would go along with it.

I personally prefer the old auction house because the new one lost a lot of functionally in the streamlining process.

3 Likes

If you don’t care about the price of the items you are selling, why do you care how the AH works?

1 Like

How could it be any less streamlined ? It automatically undercuts for you. Open AH. Click sell. Right click your item. Post AH. Repeat until bags are empty

It works better than the old AH. When I want 10 of one item, I no longer have to buy 200 of that item was only sold in stacks of 200 before. Clear improvement

But you were never forced to buy 200. The reason they were in stacks of 200 is it’s more convienient for the seller. If you wanted smaller stacks, that take much longer to list and maintain on the AH, you have to take the higher cost.

1 Like

Not anymore :smiley:

You misunderstood what I said there.

But you are still paying the higher price. Sellers aren’t suddenly going to completely rethink their cost-benefit analysis of having to list hundreds or thousands of singles that only sell a few % a day.

There’s no way I’m ever going to pay as high a cost while buying 10 items as I would have buying 200 items.
If the stack of 200 cost 2000g, that’s 10g/item
If I buy 10 items for 21g each, that’s a price increase and 210g. I still save 1790g basically. And I don’t have to repost 190 items

Even if we assume in your simplistic example that you can never pick up anything under 200 items, eventually you’ll end up paying more than just paying the cheaper stack price and either using them or relisting.

I don’t know why they went with last in first out rather than first in first out.

1 Like

So the buyer gets the cheapest price ? Duh

That has literally nothing to do with price. Last in first out items are all exactly the same price.

Last in is usually the undercut cost