Auction House Performance Issue - Updated September 1

Wait, what?
Thank you!

1 Like

I use altoholic for that.

2 Likes

If it was TSM, devs would’ve broken the functionality like they have other addons in the past. That would be the easy fix. They haven’t done that yet, so …

1 Like

That could just mean that it itself hasn’t been a problem until now. Not saying it is, but if it is, that could be the reason why it gets busted.

A grow in popularity over time could turn it into something more “invasive” than it originally was.

Didn’t the rules used to be that once you posted you couldn’t cancel.
TBH I think this is back when you had to go to Booty Bay to sell items to your horde alt…

I’m saying if the devs thought this was the problem, its a lot easier and quicker to break TSM and alleviate the AH issues than trying to solve it on the backend like they’re doing.
Pretty sure they’ve ruled out TSM being the root cause by now.

2 Likes

I needed a good laugh today. Mid expansion.

1 Like

No.

The number of people who sit in front of an auctioneer all day on a particular realm is tiny. You can see for yourself. That is not the capacity issue.

Possibly the region-wide commodities AH backend is where the problems are occurring – if they are even load-related! – as it has auctions from ~80 servers, and this is an active time for new expansion commodities. But it’s completely on Blizzard if there are scaling issues here.

Personally, I think there are problems that have very little to do with the activity.

But the number of people sitting around sniping is lost in the noise.

Every “put” (as opposed to query) action that TSM takes requires a UI input – a click or mouse wheel or whatever. Every API is throttled for every user no matter whether that user is using an addon or just clicking as fast as they can.

In general, TSM can post or buy 1-2 auctions per second, which is not fast. By way of comparison, Blizzard’s internet game data API will return an entire AH scan containing as many as 100,000s of auctions in a few seconds and will do it for you as often as you can call it (as the limit is many 1000s of calls per hour, even to that API).

And remember, each post or buy requires a UI input. Click, wheel, keypress, whatever.

6 Likes

Ah so now that addons have breached a part of the game that yall care about, it should be changed

1 Like

Been an on going issue since launch. They should just break the ah add ons.

4 Likes

Break those they need to break many more

1 Like

people are reporting in the bug thread that items being posted are just disappearing

They should break them or change the API access. Simple fix.

3 Likes

Why though? Why should they break them? Should the break WeakAuras too?

So, can someone confirm if items added to the AH while it is down are gone? I may have just made a pretty nasty mistake lol.

The AH being DDossed by the addons?

2 Likes

Again, how do you know it’s TSM or Auctionator when those addons have been working for years without degrading the AH?

6 Likes

Altoholic breaks every other day.

1 Like

At this point, the whole game is degraded.

1 Like