Auction House Much Slower Today - June 16

This is annoying I don’t even enjoy the game anymore I just play the auction house because the game its self is just so boring for at this moment, please revert this makes things extremely slow :slight_smile:

21 Likes

This is by far the worst this that has happened in BFA. Worse then Azerite armor, Corruption, and all the RNG in this game. I would take Lag in Vale in every location in the game over this “Fix”
This “fix” and single handily made my time playing wow way worse. What took me 5-10 mins to check/re-post auctions before work. is now impossible. due to the time it takes.

22 Likes

i am just going to unsubcribe right now. if this is reverted i will resubcribe of course but theres no reason for me to stick around if they want to cripple my entire gameplay experience (gold farming is what i happen to enjoy so sorry blizz)

I encourage everyone to do the same.

23 Likes

The budget of interactions with the AH is way too low. Also, this change should be dynamic and throttle people at a slower rate and throttle less at off peak hours.

12 Likes

Also the only reason regular players have stuff to buy like consumables and such is because of us.

21 Likes

Thank God, blizzard is finally listening to feedback and fighting these guys who are ruining the economy for other players trying to make gold.

15 Likes

Mate, I feel really bad for you having to be the person they’re throwing to the wolves to discuss these horrible changes that impact the legitimate players who play the game most. I mean seriously what is going on at the company that they feel they must attack the playerbase that sticks with them 12 months out of the year instead of coming and going thru each patch. Because that is what this change and the instance lockout changes on classic are. Attacks against legitimate players who dare play outside of some specific path set forth by Blizzard. It’s why people like me are spending more time in Classic than Retail now. It’s because it was a time when WoW was what we wanted out of it instead of what someone told us we want out of it.

10 Likes

Please revert this hotfix. This is a disastrous mistake that will absolutely ruin gameplay for an entire segment of your playerbase.

20 Likes

just do it without an addon

4 Likes

Absolutely based. It’s sad that it had to come to this, but the AH game is just ridic nowadays.

3 Likes

The AH IS how I play the game… and have happily been doing it for nearly 15 years. Has never been a problem before. Absolutely ridiculous! Sorry, but if I can’t play the part of the game I enjoy the most then there’s no point in playing much at all anymore.

Hope this gets reverted. Absolutely uncalled for.

17 Likes

Wow, first the bluepost on classic wow on not banning bots.
Now this? Someone is on a mission to make everyone mad at the same time.

5 Likes

Wow this is absurd. I’ve spent millions on tokens, played daily for years. Now just to post my transmog (which i spent hundreds of hours collecting) i have to sit there for 4 hours per day, or a minimum of about 18 hours a week just to get the items on the Auction house?

This is going to ruin the game for many people. Especially this late in the expansion when there aren’t many other reasons to play

12 Likes

I’m trying to sell 30 various crafted items in the auctionhouse and am experiencing huge issues with throttling just from reposting them after expiration. I am also constantly getting the new “throttled” message. I’m not one of those “big players” but my time is precious to me and knowing these unexpected delays are intentional is infuriating. Please address this hotfix and fix it or dial back the throttling cap significantly.

14 Likes

TBH, just put in a change that breaks TSM, Auctionator, and Auctioneer and call it a day. The new UI is perfectly fine without any additional addons. That is coming from someone that still lists 300-600 auctions a day. I’ve used TSM as well but can operate perfectly fine without it.

6 Likes

Please revert this change. If there is going to be a limit introduced, provide ways for players (and addons) to track the limitations and allow for addons to accommodate those changes before just putting them on live.

If you do plan on keeping the limitations, the current values are way too low. I hit the cap just reposting a small portion of my bag.

7 Likes

As a developer I understand the idea of limiting extreme requests but the current settings are not good. Definitely need higher limits and I would hope there would be some sort of communication/feedback available for the addon developers and the “small minority” people affected.

I feel like there is a mixed message for the reason behind this change. You mention AH addons give a competitive advantage but I feel like every addon does this. The reason a person makes an addon is because they created a more efficient way to either display/retrieve data or do something. So to me the competitive advantage argument is a way larger discussion not specific to AH addons but addons in general. If you are going to allow addons for your game then expect them to be more efficient at the functionality they are written for.

The second message is too many requests to the server. If the true issue behind this change is that there are too many requests being generated by the AH addons through the Blizzard API then there are WAY better solutions to this than just throttling the requests. Throttling the requests is a CHEAP solution that is at the expensive of the user. A better solution is to fix the problem at the API level. If the API calls to post an item for sale on the auction house are currently for one item at a time then yes selling 100 items will do 100 requests. This can be fixed by updating the API to allow say bulk selling. Take a list of items to sell with the needed variables (Sell price, item id, quantity, duration, etc) and give back a list response (Success/failure and message for each item). Now if I want to sell 100 items it can be done in ONE request. This has now also reduced the number of calls and is also scalable.

Another reason the throttle solution is bad long term is because it is not scalable. With the Shadowlands data coming out and the new Optionable reagents, it seems like the Auction House is going to be even broader when it comes to number of items people will need/want. This is going to inherently require more Auction House requests which will go against the current throttling solution. Another reason the API revamp is the better solution to the request problem.

17 Likes

I’m only selling enchants & the limit is painful. I get the reason for it; but can we please raise it?

5 Likes

I am not a goblin. I use TSM to help stay organized and make sure I don’t post below vendor values pretty much. My settings don’t allow me to post more than 1000 of raw materials, single battle pets and 10 of most crafted items.

I took me an hour today to cancel and repost. If Blizzard isn’t trying to punish the avg player, why do I feel so punished? This is an absolutely ridiculous “fix” to an imaginary problem. EVERY addon gives the players using them some sort of an advantage over players not using them.

I don’t know what Blizzard is thinking about lately but it sure the heck isn’t about how to make a fun active game and it feels like every “improvement” just sucks a little more of my more than a decade long love affair with this game, away. It makes me sad.

15 Likes

This is purely stupid. All addons are made to make players lives easier. Preventing players from posting more than a few auctions without wasting a ton of time is BAD for the game. It ruins gameplay for a lot of paying customers, and hinders available resources while driving up prices by massively increasing the price. This is purely insane.

You’re literally punishing people for choosing to use the AH.

14 Likes