Auction House Extremely Slow Today

Opening a new thread after the previous identical one was closed is a good way to earn a ban.

1 Like

Not trying to earn a ban just making a post about a issue I am now having as a direct result of the update.

2 Likes

A clearly-stated intentional change. Therefore, by definition, not a bug.

Surely you can find a General Discussion thread to post in? QA will ignore your complaints, because they already know this is not a bug. And this thread will get shut down, because you know it’s not a bug.

1 Like

So is this post better suited for General Discussion then?

Absolutely. General Discussion is where the developers accept feedback on their intentionally-implemented features and changes.

Bug reports is strictly for “that’s not working the way the developers intended” reports.

1 Like

There’s a new thread in the general discussion forum here: Auction house changes, yay or nah?

1 Like

Yeah just saw it thank you

Yeah #goblinLivesMatter indeed.

Sad to hear about this news.

Hope it gets reverted. Only playing wow at the moment to farm gold for my brutossaurs mount. If that’s not gone, I will probably leave the game. Too much unnecessary changes to a game that we love, making it look like a complete different experience… sad to see a great game like this dying a bit more each day…

A really sad day.

It was an intentional change. A really dumb, stupid, awful change that serves to only destroy server economies, but intentional nonetheless. :confused:

2 Likes

I missed responding to the first thread, but wanted to share my thoughts. I started selling xmog, recipes, and rare items, about a year and a half ago and it’s been some of the most fun I’ve had in the game in years. I’ve only got about 1000 listed now, with 8.3 being so much slower already. I don’t undercut scan, and post for 48 hours. Only manage to sell a handful of items each week, but I do feel like I’m adding value on my small server. This change would likely make it impossible to sell anything but the most popular items, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

1 Like

Please revert this. Playing the AH is my favorite thing about the game and this has effectively ruined it. Not enough reason to stay subbed if this stays.

2 Likes

Crybaby sellers threatening to quit because they cant automate AH sales anymore? is that what this is about?

6 Likes

Glad I only use the auction house once in a blue moon.

I’m not an ah goblin but did try out tradeskill master about 2 years ago … there are automated mundane things … but you still have to spend ridiculous amounts of time looking at everything to be an ah goblin … I can see you never tried it by your comment … a good seller will spend more time in AH than a mythic raider doing mythics … your ignorance must be bliss on this topic or jealousy of them becuase you choose to spend your game time doing something else while they stay in the auction houses keeping prices down through economies of scale for all of us that don’t want to do that

1 Like

The AH change completely breaks the entire reason why I play WoW. Some people like to do Raids, progression, dungeon, achievements, pet battles, farming collectables, and the only reason I play WoW is to have an auction house full of items. This completely breaks the reason why I play WoW. This feature being removed is the equivalent of removing an entire class from the game because of an addon. All we are asking is just return the AH to how it was so addons like TSM can function like they used to keep people supplied with Transmogs, modestly priced raid materials, and a fun hobby to have.

3 Likes

I have over 2000 items on the auction house and I could only post about 400 in 4 hours.

Sounds like they were trying to fix the problem people posting/reposting hundreds of auctions were causing.

As an actual casual user of the AH who has never had even close to 100 things listed at once I was sick of having issues posting when I did use the AH.
I’ve read several of these threads now here and on other sites and it’s obvious a very small number of players were causing 99% of the AH traffic bogging down the system for everyone else.

Honestly I’m just surprised they took this long to do it.

2 Likes

I may be ignorant but tell me then how when I list an item for sale, within seconds someone has relisted over my sale? you mean to tell me they sit there checking everything constantly?

I agree nerf DH

2 Likes

and by then, might as well start relisting :confused: