Auction House Change Feedback - It Sucks

Yes so you customized it to be able to skip part of the process each time, automating that part.

For sure the nerf doesn’t target you much, no matter. It will take you 1-2 minute more to do what you currently do.

It took 15 minutes to post 45 items when I ran my daily post today.

1 Like

This is the issue. Every other point you’ve made so far is also available in the base UI, just with slightly fewer clicks. But the constant scanning of the AH is the bad part, that’s the main issue behind all of this.

Someone like OP is not causing undue strain on the server, nor are they imbalancing the server’s economy. The OP’s point is that this change isn’t good for low-to-mid tier AH users who use the add-on as a QOL improvement instead of a hardcore gold-making automaton.

The problem is people using the addon to such a degree that it lags the AH for all other users. Thus what Blizz meant by a small minority impacting the gameplay of other players.

I can have 100 Netherweave Bags, drag/drop it into the base UI, and the base UI itself will tell me the ideal price, one that is slightly lower than the current lowest price. One click of the MAX button to sell them all, then click the post button. It’s barely slower than the process OP described.

But if I were to sit there all day and scan the AH with an addon for the current prices on those bags and hundreds of other items to see if I’m being undercut or if there’s something to snipe, then cancelling my auctions and relisting them to take advantage of the LIFO system, that’s the problem.

Argue the right points, man, otherwise nobody will take you seriously.

3 Likes

It’s not automatic if I did it.

It has targeted me despite me doing nothing that harms anyone. Are you a bootlicker? Why are you defending this crap?

I feel like once again they are making the game better for new players and worse for veterans.
How about you just get better servers blizz?
Or for the short term ask the community for feedback, you have worked with TSM when implementing the new AH so start there.

2 Likes

If I write a script I did it myself, it’s still an automation :thinking:

I’m defending them trying to balance the ah because for many years the ah has been a way to rip off most of the player base by letting some people control the market. The next change for me would be to put an higher ah cut. This is their first try to balance it, it might not be perfect but it’s really not as terrible as some people say. You just got nerfed to what someone not using an addon is.

Doesn’t really make it better for new players. What it’s going to do is stop people from posting glyphs, lower level enchants, food, etc. that new players might need because the profit margin is small and people are limited in what they can post.

For instance, I keep my realm’s AH stocked with 1 of each glyph, since no one else sells them. I have a set cost equal to the crafting cost, because I know it sucks when you want a glyph and none are available.

Now it takes me half my daily playtime just to post those.

6 Likes

You’re doing something wrong if it takes you that much time. Scanning each would take 2 minutes about, and posting them 2 minutes about. I’m not sure how you got to 15 minutes. I’m pretty sure there’s more than you tell.

I feel sorry for inscription owners, I tried profession myself glyphs can either do “ok” or your mailbox is -full- and thats listing entire variety.

And the changes today have instituted soft caps starting at 25 items. It was making me wait 10 seconds for each scan, and another 10 seconds for each post.

So yes, 15 minutes as of my daily posts earlier today.

You’re the one that’s been going on like you’re an expert about these changes, I’m just sharing the practical impact. But I guess posting 45 auctions puts me into the abusive 1% Blizzard is trying to cut down on.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s no longer a profession you do to make money, but it is a nice one to provide a service for your server. Or it was until today.

I have seen some people claiming 5 seconds for each post/scan.

I heard the moon landing was a hoax.

I don’t know what other people have claimed. I know how long it took me in game.

Have you actually tried this yourself, or are you just spouting off on the forums without having actually tested it in game? You’ve been claiming this wasn’t going to cause any issues, I’d be surprised if you were willing to state that without having actually tested it, since you were responding to people who had.

Just trying to determinate what is fact and what is not. But the moon landing was an hoax, I saw imagine dragon video about it :stuck_out_tongue:

And when has anecdotal evidence ever been the way to discern fact from fiction?

2 Likes

The difference between 5 sec to 10 sec is kinda big.
I don’t use an ah addons so I didn’t get nerf no. This doesn’t affect people listing stuff by hand, because it actually takes time to do that.

I mean, maybe before you respond to people saying it’s an issue by telling them it’s not you could actually test something out in game?

Or at the very least, refrain from talking about something you are now admitting you have no clue about?

1 Like

This is much less of a punishment than getting charged to cancel. I think people need to count their blessings just a little bit, this is far from the most ham-fisted response they could have come up with.

Canceling is the bigger issue. If they had a higher cancel penalty that would effect the toxic gameplay without effecting regular players nearly as much.