Auction House Buyout System

Hello, I recently came back and I am loving this expansion. I have made it to max level and decided to start getting into the Auction House on my server and I noticed something odd. I am sure it has been mentioned before but I will mention it here just in case it hasn’t.

I have noticed that when you try to purchase a quantity of items from the Auction House such as trade goods, you actually do not have a choice in what you are able to buy. As per the code, you absolutely must buy the cheapest items first before you can even consider buying items at a slightly to moderately higher price point. I will give an example.

On my server, when trying to buy lets say widowbloom, you will notice that in the available materials for sale, there is a cheaper stack with multiple sellers with around 1800 units priced at 1s below the pricing of the next set which ends up being exactly 200g/per unit. This set priced at 200g/per unit only has 44 available materials and only has a single seller with a shorter duration of auction left than the former. Seeing this, while it may be cheaper to buy exactly what I need from those other multiple sellers, I felt inclined to clear out this particular single stack for sale for only 1s more per unit.

When trying to select this, it only allows me to select it IF all previous items for sale at a lower price are selected as well. This limits how I am able to shop and while I do see the reason that this feature is implemented, I do not feel inclined to buy 1800 units at a price 1s short of a price that I was looking to target.

People may agree or disagree with me on this and I am all ears but what I would like to see is the ability for us to choose how we shop in some manner back in our hands.

It is entirely possible that this is currently possible and I just haven’t discovered the way to do this yet. Maybe there is a hotkey I can hold while making my selection that would let me select what I wanted to buy, maybe there isn’t.

Thank you for your time!

It’s not possible. The AH is designed to make you purchase the cheapest price AND the last one posted (Last in first out, or LIFO).

1 Like