Auction House Bot on Thrall

I’ve been reporting the Ah bots for months now and doing everything I can to disrupt them but it doesn’t make a difference. I’ve emailed the Hacks@ and ingame reported dozens of times.

I checked a few other popular servers as well and it seems to be an issue all around, which leads me to believe Blizzard doesn’t want to fix it, or can’t figure out how.

As my last effort I’ll just post this warning to everyone on Thrall-US, beware when you post crafting materials to the AH. If you post them for the suggested price you will be posting them for 1/4 to 1/3 of the actual selling price because there is a bot that posts stacks of 1 all day and night, then purchases any posts from players that default post at the bot’s price. It’s clearly a bot because of the long hours it does so, and because if you purchase the single stacks on the Ah they are instantly reposted. Together these show it’s not a no lifer with tsm but instead a bot.

The current flavor is a level 10 shaman named Feeheeheenay. Feel free to report them, it hasn’t made a difference so far. Every so often the name changes (and probably the account).

Take care!

2 Likes

I have seen him, its annoying.

Good to know ty.

And it’s already changed again. Feeny, level 10 (always 10) Mage.

Man, I thought this was my post, but didn’t remember posting it

I had the same exact complaint. I’ve reported someone for doing the same thing dozens of times, but it’s never had any effect that I can see on the behavior. I remember around Cataclysm Blizzard used to ban people for this sort of BS, but I guess Blizzard market regulators are as laissez-faire in-game as business regulators have gotten in the real world

I see someone named “Sennobune” doing it at the moment, before I saw a cohort of guys named “Schmawpie”

I’ve set up a list in AuctionLite of stuff they tend to underprice, and every time I come across an AH I’ll quickly buy them out, but it doesn’t make much difference…

Ugh, they’re still doing it. It’s always different people, though, so my guess is they actually are getting banned for botting and they’re starting it up again later… they must be making a ton of gold.

I think the only way to really stop them would be to either get a job at Blizz, or run your own counter-bot (that repeatedly gets banned as well, and won’t even make much profit in the process…)

Okay, maybe I’m dumb here, but what precisely are these people making, other than gold? I don’t agree with their processes and believe they should be banned, but why are they running bots? It’s not like they’re making real $$, are they?