Attempt to call method 'SetBackdrop' (a nil value)

Installed RBS Raeli’s Bag Skinner but when I open my bags I get

Message: Interface\AddOns\RBS\Core.lua:130: attempt to call method ‘SetBackdrop’ (a nil value)
Time: Tue Apr 26 16:28:21 2022
Count: 3
Stack: Interface\AddOns\RBS\Core.lua:130: attempt to call method ‘SetBackdrop’ (a nil value)
[string “=[C]”]: in function SetBackdrop' [string "@Interface\AddOns\RBS\Core.lua"]:130: in function <Interface\AddOns\RBS\Core.lua:91> [string "=[C]"]: ? [string "=[C]"]: in function Show’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ContainerFrame.lua”]:996: in function ContainerFrame_GenerateFrame' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ContainerFrame.lua"]:126: in function ToggleBag’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ContainerFrame.lua”]:149: in function ToggleBackpack' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ContainerFrame.lua"]:339: in function OpenBackpack’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ContainerFrame.lua”]:1536: in function `ToggleAllBags’
[string “OPENALLBAGS”]:1: in function <[string “OPENALLBAGS”]:1>

Anyway I can change something in here or in a program and fix it. Would really love to use this addon. Thanks

Find the frame associated with the error and add the BackdropTemplate to it.
See the example here: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/API_Frame_SetBackdrop

I appreciate the response but looking over what they show does nothing for me lol. still have no clue what it’s wanting me to do.

Open RBS\Core.lua

Going from top to bottom find the first 3 instances of the text CreateFrame
Change the bracket at the end of each line from:
)
to:
, BackdropTemplateMixin and "BackdropTemplate")

That should do it (unless there are other problems beyond just the backdrop).

3 Likes

Where am I opening RBS\Core.lua? Also in the Lua Error, I see no text talking about CreateFrame

Assuming you’re playing Shadowlands, under your [wow program]\ _retail_\Interface\AddOns\ folder.
Probably best to make a copy of the RBS folder before making changes to the Core.lua file.

The error in this case means the frames were created without including the code for backdrops. Prior to 9x, all frames automatically included the backdrop code.

1 Like