Atrophic poison

Can we buff this or just change it entirely, what is the point of 3.6% dmg reduce as a poison lol that’s just lazy.

3 Likes

Works on raid bosses, that’s why. And it’s pretty significant in that setting.

Elsewhere, just use mind numbing.

2 Likes

yea clearly, at least scale it to pvp like buff it for it. literallyno use but yea that makes sense on raid bosses 4% goes a long way

3 Likes

Does shiv enhance this poison at all? You would think it would based on the text of shiv.

1 Like

It did, but because of sin using shiv rotational for damage it doesn’t.

I think it went something like this.

Rogue community:" Can we decouple shiv from being a damage button for sin. Sin now needs to hold 1 charge for the raid and that feels bad, but we love the utility."

Blizzard:" I hear you" - removes the interaction completely

1 Like

if you combine it with deaden you’re taking 6% less. It adds up. But yeah i don’t like that it’s a choice & weighing it against mind numbing it’s kinda a no brainer. I either skip the talent point entirely or take mind numbing.

6% is kinda tempting tho for my assassin I guess. I used to love 6% mitigation from recuperate in cata.

with the 10% nerf to feint wall i guess gotta find ways to mitigate just yea its so fractional be nice to see it 10% also some sort of talent that slows how waylay used to for sub so it isnt forced to have crippling on offhand and be able to switch poisons up, just idk about you wo crip people just walk away haha cant be havin that

A rogue’s job is to put up DPS. Us mitigating damage with atrophic, us interrupting with kick, kidney shot (doesn’t always work), and blind (doesn’t always work), us reducing damage we take with feint and fast movement enabling the healer to focus on the tank and other ops, doesn’t save us from comments about doing low damage when what we are stuck doing is providing mitigation.

To be fair, I have seen some rogues, including assassination rogues like mine, put up excellent DPS, and I am definitely on a learning curve with the new talent trees, but. IT seems like rogues are not in a good spot relative to our job.

1 Like

from a pve standpoint sure even pvp, you have those people that just look at the damage and say why is yours so low? which could be many reasons why but some just see the results at the end and don’t realize the utility I guess, especially for sub just usually you aren’t training someone and not able to do your max damage. granted it’s usually because if we try standing toe to toe with most other melees we die.
prevent definitely always been name of the game for me playing rogue, prevent damage, then we do damage or vice versa.
the class has always been fortunate though for the amount of utility it brings, which isnt always needed. Even though most focus on how much damage you do, much more goes into winning in pvp and killing bosses in pve besides raw damage output but it is a deciding factor none the less and is important to pull your weight so to speak

1 Like