At My Pandarian Farm, Something Terrible Turned Up!

Yes, something terrible turned up! You might say it was a terrible turn-up! Or a Terrible Turnip.

Since I just recently finished farming the seeds for my Crazy Carrot, I’m curious. Do we have more pet root vegetables with alliterative names?

Is there an Obnoxious Onion in my future? Or a Gruesome Garlic? (And by the way, Dreadful Breath is a must-have ability for both those pets.)

Maybe there’s also a Rowdy Radish or even a Recalcitrant Rutabaga?

We should have an achievement for people who win PvP pet battles with all root vegetable pets! We could call it “Food Fight!” or “Produce Department.” Or maybe something more specific to root vegetables, like “The Root of the Problem.”

And the award for the achievement should be a shopping cart toy!

2 Likes

There’s the Sinister Squashling :smiley: ;

It’s a pet from the Hollow’s End event, Blizzard’s version of Holloween. You can either buy it from one of the holiday vendor or sometimes you can get it from either killing the Headless Horseman or looting the candy buckets that are in the different inns.

The Turnip was the first pet to have a weakening blow type ability so at the time it was a must have pet.

1 Like

I’ve seen in it in the AH, too. He generally runs pretty cheap.

I started thinking about a bunch of root vegetable pets. There could be a farm, and the farmer could give a quest to defeat or capture all the various root vegetables, using pets.

Since they would have to be captured, that would make them uncageable. So, to get the achievement, players would actually have to go out to the farm, get the quest and capture (or defeat) all the root vegetable pets.

I usually end up with a few of them per toon each season so it is not unusual to see 50 new squashling pets for cheap at the begining of the event.

I Just dump them in guild bank, let them be someone else’s problem :smiley:

1 Like