Astral smolder not properly working

Since the most recent patch, balance druid’s Astral smolder talent, both rank 1 and 2 are glitched, doing a fraction of the damage they should be doing, essentially making the talent even worse (if not completely useless). The damage output is essentially nonexistent from the talent.

For example, I was specced to rank 2 astral smolder, and I have the druid tier set. I cast a wrath which crit for 241,343 damage on an enemy. The astral smolder effect goes on the enemy and then ticks for 27,222 every 2 seconds over 6 seconds, doing a total of 81,666 dmg. If you do the math however, the rank 2 astral smolder should have ticked for 64,358 damage every 2 seconds, for a total of 193,074 damage (which would be 80% of the 241,343k crit).

I tested again at Rank 1 astral smolder, and landed a 54,689 dmg starfire crit on an enemy. The astral smolder DOT effect ticked for 2,680 every 2 seconds for 6 seconds, doing a total of 8,040 damage. But it should have ticked for 7,291 dmg every 2 seconds for a total of 21,875 dmg, which would’ve been 40% of the 54,689 dmg crit.

I just noticed this the other night, and I believe before the most recent update, this was working properly, now it is not.

Please fix this blizzard. The talent is dead unless it is properly fixed.

I also submitted a bug report regarding this and posted under bug support forum. Not sure if anyone else has paid enough attention to also notice the math is off in regards to this talent. Please correct me if I am wrong or you are experiencing proper damage ticks.

2 Likes