Assassination vs Subtlety vs Outlaw

Ok, so we all now know Shadow Land is out in 56 days. So I don’t have a high level rogue yet. I have 2 months to level mine now, which one is best to level right now? Which is doing the most damage right now ? and which on is most utilitarian for the game… and go

no one can answer that yet for shadowlands, alot is subject to change in terms of numbers. Max your rogue and try all 3 specs during prepatch to get a barebone feel of how each spec plays and pick one you like the most. Currently outlaw and assassination performs better in pve. For pvp its sub and assassination

Level as assassination post level 40. Until then you don’t even get mutilate. Outlaw until then would be my recommendation.

Currently on Beta Sub is performing the best.

However all 3 specs are very close to eachother so its mostly play what you enjoy.

Numbers wont be 100% untill after SL releases and they do their first tuning wave.

Right now? I’d recommend outlaw for leveling and endgame PvE, assassination for PvP. I’d hold off on leveling an alt until the pre-patch though as it’ll include the level squish and revamp.

SL endgame is speculative. We’ll have to see how covenants, conduits, soulbinds, and legendaries all interact with each spec- there’s probably a lot of synergy there that hasn’t been explored yet and I’m sure tuning passes are still pending.

2 Likes

Start with sub Sin is easier to pick up.

Leveling now isnt that bad, it wont be as good as leveling pre patch but I am almost finished with leveling this horde rogue.