Assassination rogues & short radius AOE. Who knew?

I am so stuck in anchor bias about the idea that assassination rogues have the potential to be among the best at DPS on single target that I am very late to the evolving perception that assassination rogues are less effective at single target than we used to be, and where we can apparently do well is short radius fan of knives etc. via the AP/IC (arterial precision/indiscriminate carnage) build. I am really having some trouble adjusting, to the point where it feels like assassination rogues are broken. Probably they aren’t? Anyway, looking for insights and opinions about this from other rogues… maybe I am not the only one this seems weird to, or maybe someone who has already made the adjustment can share some wisdom. Thanks.

1 Like

Embrace our new aoe god status.

https ://ibb.co/f4rM14L

The radius also isn’t that small, and if you go the aoe build, fan of knives really isn’t the bulk of our damage. It’s still garrote followed by rupture. Our ST isn’t the best, but we still might be in pure execute ranges just do to Zoldyck Insignia, but I don’t really know I haven’t done pve since shadowlands.

1 Like

You can’t go Zol if you go AOE using the best M+ build. Fix Sin’s talent trees or we remain just okay in PVE AOE and single target. If they want us to excel at one or the other, our trees have to make more sense. At this moment our tree is convoluted and has AOE type talents on the single target side and single target talents on the AOE side. It’s as if the dev assigned to Sin didn’t have enough time to give our tree any continuity, making it a jack of all trades (AOE and single target mix) and a master of none…from an M+ perspective.

3 Likes

Legit this.

Why is it my warrior and Tet can have 3 points down the bottom and I can barely reach one of my bottom talents let alone get a second one.

Everyday the end is nearer

3 Likes

I’ve last played during BfA, mythic raiding over on EU. Same boat, really. The spec just feels… Weird. Empty. Nowhere near as fun as it used to be. I do the rotation I used to and things just aren’t dying as fast as they used to. I used to be able to solo most things, now I just drop dead to them, or barely make it out alive. They broke single target, and class fantasy along with it. I’d rather just go back to the single target burst tbh. I was able to justify my place in M+'s far better with insane boss dps than with mediocre boss+pack dps.

3 Likes

I love the gameplay but what is up with our tree? Needs to be condensed at the very least. Those three point nodes…

2 Likes