Assassination or Sub?

How’s the lock going? I’m thinking about making a caster

I’m having a blast PvE wise. Only 204 and doing 4k+ dps. I love this version of affliction.

PvE. Wtf? Lost respect lol. Just playing. I have zero interest in PvE. Looking to lvl a caster for PvP. Prob mainly RBGs but maybe an arena here and there

I haven’t gotten my verse up yet enough to push any rates yet but lol it’s funny in randoms.

I just go to team fight, spread dots, and melt the team.

Sin is better than sub atm and is an S tier spec in 2s and 3s. Sub has more control, son has more consistent dmg and better toolkit for most comps.

Neither spec is “harder”. They are just different.

1 Like

Sub is widely accepted to have higher skillcap.

1 Like

Thoughts on Pikaboo’s kyrian sin vid? How long until it is nerfed/removed?

I primarily play sin on my rogue. I take leeching poison and master poisoner, with the execute leggo. Sin is just a smooth and easy spec to play. It will never match Sub’s AoE, but Sin can funnel pretty well and you melt things single target. Generally it isnt super bursty, but you can pump dps.

I will say that one if the big strengths is that it is a forgiving spec with a very straight forward playstyle. I find that when learning raids or M+ I can put out better and more consistent numbers as Sin. Especially on raid boss encounters. Because the spec is so straight forward, its so easy to focus on mechanics.

1 Like

Sub pve
Assassination pvp
At lest thats what the high end data says
So if ur not planing on being in the mdis or awc it doesn’t really matter

In M+, OL/Sub outperforms Assa.
In Raid, Assa is somewhat on par with Sub. OL is prob the worst due to RNG.

I’d say stick with sub, as that’s the “meta” and highest performing spec.
But as OL myself, I’d say try OL :slight_smile:

This for PvE, as I do not PvP, so I can’t comment on that.

1 Like

Sub for pve. It’s the passive healing that is so much better than sin.

I don’t do much pvp, but the burst of sub is awesome. Sin is much of a substained damage, better for long lasting enemies. (raiding)