Assa in double dps/RBGs?

Because I just love switching Covenants, I’m really going to commit to the Assa meta and go back to Necro.

Does anyone have experience playing double dps with Assa, and/or playing them in RBGs?

Looking for any advice or insight. I was staying Venth so I could play both, but the lack of survivability playing Assa is really hurting.

1 Like

I’ve got no answers but replying to keep a tab on this. I want to continue maining assa but I’ve hesitated jumping in RBGs this season after pugging to 2.1k as sub. I’m confused as to how the assa role would be with the different toolkit really.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’m wondering. I also can’t put people down as fast as Assa as I can with Sub, which really my main concern at nodes.

Honestly I think assa may not be as desirable, or maybe will with hemotoxin? We won’t be node ninjas anymore but we’ll be on team fights probably ruining a healer or dps’s life.

Honestly not sure how to feel about this now, ninja’ing nodes and the mind games that comes with it was very fun as a sub rogue.

1 Like

I love assassination. Double dps isn’t as nice as sub because you dont have as much control. As others mentioned you also aren’t quite as effective at ninja capping flags.

You still have sap, blind, kidney shot, and smoke bomb though. So ninja capping flags is still possible in a lot of cases.

Let me just say playing with a healer in 2s with assassination feels amazing.

3 Likes

2s might actually be how I push this season any, given that RBG’s are full on dead on arrival right now it seems

1 Like

Cannot overstate this enough. I pushed almost 400 rating in one sitting tonight as healer+assa.

Never have I climbed so quickly, it’s a ridiculously good comp. My healer was a god though, giving majority credit to him.

1 Like

Sick. I think that’ll be the play this season then. Started going back Necro yesterday.

What healer were you playing with?

Most healers will work pretty well, but I think the best are priest, druid, or paladin.

1 Like

Why not Rsham? They’re kinda nuts right now. No synergy?

I certainly wouldn’t turn down a resto shaman if they wanted to run with me. Probably works great.

I think druids are nice for survivability and cc

Priest for dispels, damage, and haste buff.

And Pally for BOP, and the amount of damage they can do as a healer.

1 Like

Disc priest. I think I favor disc the most because of the increased offensive capability honestly.

1 Like

The Vendetta is to keep tabs on them if they stealth?

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the tips! That IS all about finesse lol

1 Like